This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes indeed. MW in full flow.

Loving the "I'll be using an electric plane, because . . . I'm not stupid".

I noticed the way he's so used to the bosch, that he's turning the depth plate up and down
    without really looking. I'd probably turn it the opposite way and take 5mm off in one run, LOL

I guess repetition takes you into that zone. .

I'm thinking this isn't the method to be used for the Exhibition series ( though you never know ).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by billabong; 12 June 2015, 06:50 AM.

Comment

• j6 cue stories

its what I'm trying to get mb to understand

Comment

• Originally Posted by billabong View Post
        Yes indeed. MW in full flow.

Loving the "I'll be using an electric plane, because . . . I'm not stupid".

I noticed the way he's so used to the bosch, that he's turning the depth plate up and down
        without really looking. I'd probably turn it the opposite way and take 5mm off in one run, LOL

I guess repetition takes you into that zone. .

I'm thinking this isn't the method to be used for the Exhibition series ( though you never know ).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        he certainly is looking moving depth between .5-1.5, make a mistake an its in the corner. good to watch

Comment

• Electric plane for the first stage, but I'm guessing hand plane farther down the line ? Or is it straight onto the sanding ?

Comment

• here are the two butterfly spliced cues. the second one that i cut own today is the one on the left, its 57.5/9.5/28.7. feels quite lively

as you can see the splice length diff

Comment

• Originally Posted by golferson123 View Post
              its what I'm trying to get mb to understand
              Cool, nice one MW, great skills.

But.....................what's the point of using an electric plane, may as well go the lathe route instead golf?

Ok, maybe if the wood does move on the lathe, you have to reset the billet and restart so any time saving is lost?

But isn't it safer than an electric plane?

Comment

• all my heavy work is done with an electric plane and a no4 with a 3mm iron

Comment

• Has leaving the splice fingers shorter, on the second cue , pushed the b.p up or down in comparison to the first , with longer fingers , or have you managed to keep them similar ?

Comment

• Originally Posted by Master Blaster View Post
                    Cool, nice one MW, great skills.

But.....................what's the point of using an electric plane, may as well go the lathe route instead golf?

Ok, maybe if the wood does move on the lathe, you have to reset the billet and restart so any time saving is lost?

But isn't it safer than an electric plane?
                    not really, a copy lathe aint cheap you need to turn out hundreds to be cost effective in fact you need to be turning more than cues stair spindles broom handles and so on

Comment

not really, a copy lathe aint cheap you need to turn out hundreds to be cost effective in fact you need to be turning more than cues stair spindles broom handles and so on
                      Axminster do a 1.5m copy lathe for £1500, soon get that back with cues at £500 a pop.

Comment

• Originally Posted by vmax4steve View Post
                        Axminster do a 1.5m copy lathe for £1500, soon get that back with cues at £500 a pop.
                        Cool, is that free delivery & install ?

Comment

Are you sure? I thought most domestic models were 1m between centres

Comment

Interesting stuff. And the cue is still made in the UK.

Comment

• Dont think they would be up to the job,you need travelling steadies and the like+ it helps to have router set ups on the tool stock

Comment

Dont think they would be up to the job,you need travelling steadies and the like+ it helps to have router set ups on the tool stock
                                Do you still make the odd cue at all?

Comment

Working...
                                X