This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by Catch 22 View Post
    I like his style . I'm not a huge fan of jet black ebony on cues because I like to see the "wood" like the grain and imperfections .
    If I ever make a cue for myself I'd probably use stripy ebony or one of the brown coloured ebonys for the main splices . Just something that's dark but has character .
    Sounds good. More to your taste?

Comment

• Originally Posted by barrywhite View Post

Thats some lovely wood - almost makes me want to take up bowling ... errr nahhh.

Nice work as well J6, very nice wood and splicing.

Comment

• thanks for the possitives fellas. i do like my retro pallet then mixing it with the moden feel slimer butts and finer taper.
        im now looking into getting ebony and maple, then the badge..
        and when the birds on the bowling green start loking hotter with less grey and shorter skirts, i'll mozy over

Comment

• Originally Posted by mikeyd100 View Post
          Thats some lovely wood - almost makes me want to take up bowling ... errr nahhh.

Nice work as well J6, very nice wood and splicing.
          This is Lignum Vitae. It is more dense and harder than ebony but has interesting grain and colour. Made by Thurstons. It must be tough to survive being thrown on the ground. I think it would make a beautiful splice. Polishes up amazing.

Comment

Yes . Very much so .

My own cue has jet black ebony ...flawless , yet to me it seems almost fake at how perfect it is . The cue I just added the Zebrano splice to was a plain ebony cue but wasn't perfect jet black . It has the brown stripes to it ( not stripey ebony though ) . And I like that much better

My master cue is (excuse the spelling here ) mayanmar ebony , lovely brown colour with a subtle grain .

Comment

This is Lignum Vitae. It is more dense and harder than ebony but has interesting grain and colour. Made by Thurstons. It must be tough to survive being thrown on the ground. I think it would make a beautiful splice. Polishes up amazing.
              Nice one, you made a good choice with that.
              Badge to come soon as well - the finishing touch

Comment

• been working on some shafts the past few weeks, but heres a cue thats been emerging for a while, and its starting to take shape

Comment

• Now that looks interesting Jas . I like the look of that .

I take you think this is going to be a decent one ?
                  Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

• Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
                    Now that looks interesting Jas . I like the look of that .

I take you think this is going to be a decent one ?
                    i take it you mean playability, well this one and the last cue will be put through the test on the table in the next few days..
                    as for the looks, feel and play, id sit my latest cues next to any others made by hand

-
                    Last edited by j6uk; 18 February 2016, 01:43 AM.

Comment

• Purpleheart and ? Golden Merbau ? Nice work , again , please keep it up .

Comment

• bubinga, purpleheart and choice ash. the ash came off the same log as the cue on the last page, really lively stuff

Comment

• 58/10/29/17bp/18oz

Comment

• Another great looking cue j6, your getting a dab hand at what is a hard craft to learn. I got plenty firewood in my garage from my own experiences lol.

Comment

• What's the specs on that J6 looks like a bigger tip size than your normal 9.2 ish.
                              Sorry I just noticed its at the top of the pictures.
                              This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                              https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• Looks good when are you sending it to me lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X