This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by markz View Post
    Another great looking cue j6, your getting a dab hand at what is a hard craft to learn. I got plenty firewood in my garage from my own experiences lol.
    Make some mini butts and extensions out of them

Comment

• video cue review

https://youtu.be/BxXg6iahozQ

still some fine sanding with a finish to do otherwise its ready

-
      Last edited by j6uk; 20 February 2016, 11:00 AM.

Comment

• Nice cue that J,looks like some great reaction from it, cued that first blue beautifully. Loving the " ill take that" at the end ,I thought I was the only one who thought like that
        This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
        https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
          I see that the video finished immediately after missing the blue. Assume the cue is now a collection of matchsticks?

On a more serious note. I do admire the thought and effort that you put into the cues that you make/upgrade. I also like how you document their development, and how they feel and play. When someone looks at that sort of effort put into building a cue, you can understand why a top maker will come at a hefty price.

Of course whether all of them put in as much effort as you, is something we can't know, unless they were to document the progress of the cue through manufacture, testing and finish. Which they don't, for good reason.

I know if I was you, and I'd put that much into making a cue, I would not be able to put a price on it (at least not one that any reasonable person would pay) that would make it a viable purchase.

I find it very interesting.

Comment

• Missed the blue!!, how very dare you, had to play it like that to get on the next red lol.

Comment

• video cue review

https://youtu.be/lbnu4A3Yd0M

Comment

• Originally Posted by tetricky View Post
                I see that the video finished immediately after missing the blue. Assume the cue is now a collection of matchsticks?

On a more serious note. I do admire the thought and effort that you put into the cues that you make/upgrade. I also like how you document their development, and how they feel and play. When someone looks at that sort of effort put into building a cue, you can understand why a top maker will come at a hefty price.

Of course whether all of them put in as much effort as you, is something we can't know, unless they were to document the progress of the cue through manufacture, testing and finish. Which they don't, for good reason.

I know if I was you, and I'd put that much into making a cue, I would not be able to put a price on it (at least not one that any reasonable person would pay) that would make it a viable purchase.

I find it very interesting.
                thanks for what i see as an encouraging post tetricky.
                i'll keep doing my thing and see where it takes me

Comment

• next is a splice extension, taking this from 57 to 58/58.25

Comment

Is this the cue in the colours thread J?, have you polished it up more since these pics, the veneer looks so different in the other thread.

Comment

• Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                      Is this the cue in the colours thread J?, have you polished it up more since these pics, the veneer looks so different in the other thread.
                      no im using another cue on the colors thread. that one is the first i made, a solid hitter.

your space is full on pms but iv sent you an email. if you could reply to it asap? cheers

-
                      Last edited by j6uk; 22 February 2016, 07:09 PM.

Comment

• J

Always look forward to your threads, keep em coming mate, you're really moving on now.
                        Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
                        Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
                        Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

• Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post
                          J

Always look forward to your threads, keep em coming mate, you're really moving on now.
                          cheers man, should have this old rex williams cue extended and ready to hit some balls by the end of the week

Comment

cheers man, should have this old rex williams cue extended and ready to hit some balls by the end of the week
                            Must admit, I love bringing cues back from the dead, especially ones that have been really smashed about. There's a lot of cues like the Rex Williams one floating about that people see as worthless as it's not new but there's a lot of nice wood out there.....

Comment

• Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post
                              Must admit, I love bringing cues back from the dead, especially ones that have been really smashed about. There's a lot of cues like the Rex Williams one floating about that people see as worthless as it's not new but there's a lot of nice wood out there.....
                              yes this rw cue was a right lump, but after some tlc withthe hand plane it showed itself as a decent playing cue
                              and your right about the good old stuff, thing is is getting it. that would be a full time job.

-
                              Last edited by j6uk; 23 February 2016, 08:03 PM.

Comment

yes this rw cue was a right lump, but after some tlc withthe hand plane it showed itself as a decent playing cue
                                and your right about the good old stuff, thing is is getting it. that would be a full time job.

-

Yeah i'm running out of projects at the moment as been through most if the club cues, members old cues, rests etc etc

Might have to finally have a pop at a cue but been talking about that for far too long. Spent ages going through wood at the different suppliers but couldn't find anything after at least 3 days looking at individual planks!

Comment

Working...
                                X