X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by tetricky View Post
    I see she's out!

Shafts look great. Apart from that one on the far right. I don't fancy that one.

Keep up this quality and I'm going to break and ask to buy one of yours soon J6. I persuaded myself I was buying to a plan, and specific specs, and only one pieces....but the the 3/4 Travis I bought this evening would seem to suggest that I just like owning nice cues!

Are you going to be selling, and what have you got?
    the two on the right are available. the one in the middle was the cue i used for clocking the colors on the colors thread and the other is my latest, ive done a cue review on both.
    unless someone takes it before i will be taking the latest on the right down from 58.5 to 58" next week

Last edited by j6uk; 4 March 2016, 09:18 PM.

Comment

• heres three other shafts that are ready for there final cut before ferrules, weight and splicing. all off the same tree

Comment

• You going to ad your own ebony and front splice or are they orders mate
        Ton Praram cue series 1 ash shaft Burwood and ebony splices with maple vaneres 58.9.5.29.4.18oz 18 BP

Comment

• Originally Posted by Snooker man Stevie View Post
          You going to ad your own ebony and front splice or are they orders mate
          i was gonna do my own thing, but if someone has an idea for one or two of the shafts then i guess that could be arranged

Comment

• Well how long is turnaround
            Ton Praram cue series 1 ash shaft Burwood and ebony splices with maple vaneres 58.9.5.29.4.18oz 18 BP

Comment

• they look like nice bits of wood j

Comment

• Originally Posted by golferson123 View Post
                they look like nice bits of wood j
                yeah they are g, the last two cues are from the same trunk, and this is what they can do:
                https://youtu.be/BxXg6iahozQ?t=5s
                https://youtu.be/lbnu4A3Yd0M?t=10s

Comment

• The shaft on the right hand side looks the best a think

Comment

• Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
                    yeah they are g, the last two cues are from the same trunk, and this is what they can do:
                    https://youtu.be/BxXg6iahozQ?t=5s
                    https://youtu.be/lbnu4A3Yd0M?t=10s
                    so j how do you feel regarding tight grain vs broad grain?

Comment

• Originally Posted by Snooker man Stevie View Post
                      Well how long is turnaround
                      maybe couple of months

Originally Posted by Snooker man Stevie View Post
                      The shaft on the right hand side looks the best a think
                      maybe, not down to their final cut yet

Comment

• Originally Posted by golferson123 View Post
                        so j how do you feel regarding tight grain vs broad grain?
                        yeah i see it, though id need more time in the dust to make a proper judgment.
                        im using that tight grain rex williams cue at the mo and im liking the give in it.. would you say broad has less give?

Comment

• Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
                          yeah i see it, though id need more time in the dust to make a proper judgment.
                          im using that tight grain rex williams cue at the mo and im liking the give in it.. would you say broad has less give?
                          dont know but i have found broad grain is quieter and sweeter hitting, just a preference really, each to their own

Comment

• the new jig is coming along, ready for a busy spring

and it fits well

Comment

• Hi Guys

I just have to give a review to this one

I've been following this thread for some time now,
                              and was really impressed with the amount work & time Jason puts in
                              making cues & giving advice to people.

I've was not feeling confident with my previous cue , so thought why not drop him a line

After I gave the specs & design I liked, I immediately got a few options of cues Jason thought would be nice.

so
                              I just received this one yesterday, after in insane wait of 2 Weeks or so hahaha

all I can say it was well packed & looked fantastic when I received it yesterday at the office

so off to the club in the evening.
                              I could'n believe how well it played, I really felt like I couldn't miss a shot.

really strange the power that this thing generates is insane.
                              I've never had that before, but it just brought a smile to my face.

normaly I feel I need to give some extra power to get what I want (something I need to work on)
                              but yesterday I just floated them all in generating spin like there was no tomorrow

before I knew it it was 3 hours later, hahaha

all I can say if you are thinking about a new cue, drop jason a line,
                              he's more than helpfull and a true craftsman.

so enough of this ass kissing

cheers
                              matt

Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
                              this is the next coming though..

20" two tone merbau/golden merbau splices
                              58.75/10/28.3/17bp/17.5oz

https://youtu.be/9EUedsoGnwg

Comment

• Couldn't agree more Matt, on mine the finish is exceptional IMO, balance is lovely , perfect flex in the shaft ,just an all round great cue, if you are not a badge snob and want a player, get one of these.
                                This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                                https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Working...
                                X