This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks,, for the pictures!!
    Do you know for sure that you never have made cues before and this is your first time??
    Nice job!!
    You use no other kind of wood in the button?? like Ebony?
    anyway ,, Very nice job !!

Comment

What filler did you use on the wenge butt j6 ?

Comment

Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
        Thanks,, for the pictures!!
        Do you know for sure that you never have made cues before and this is your first time??
        Nice job!!
        You use no other kind of wood in the button?? like Ebony?
        anyway ,, Very nice job !!
        iv been tinkering for over five years, within that time iv worked on many players cues so iv been building up towards this point.
        no ebony at the moment but iv bubinga, wenge, rosewood

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax4steve View Post
          What filler did you use on the wenge butt j6 ?
          between fine sanding i used a sending seal and a none water based polyurethane liquid not available in the eu.
          the finish was well considered. butt feels smooth, with a straight taper and a nice 4.5" long flat

Comment

Love the look of the wenge, and cant wait to see the bubinga
            Is there a specific reason for the use of the oil(?)based polyurethane not available in the EU against those that are available?
            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

more of this kind of thing within the eu are now water based, i got this in poland and yes their in the eu but its still a law unto itself regarding regulation currency and so on.. i will say the company in french so, probably can't buy it there though.
              Last edited by j6uk; 6 January 2015, 03:10 PM.

Comment

worked on finishing this hitter today. i may still add an ounce later
                18bp
                16.5oz
                and a nice 4" long flat

Last edited by j6uk; 6 January 2015, 06:25 PM.

Comment

Very nice J . Splice work looks very neat .
                  Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

its quite even and the padauk veneer looks very red vibrant in the hands. the side grains at the beginning of the shaft are a bit wavy but they straighten out. arrows look good to me with a 8" gap between the first and the ferrule, but the best thing about this cue is the hit, solid yet springy
                    iv taken a new racker out of the box gutted it, and put it back together with a fine finish so iv achieved what i set out to do

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
                    Very nice J . Splice work looks very neat .

Comment

cue review
                      thanks to angelas uploads heres a look at the workings of my first cue, this is the butterfly cue from page seven on this thread

Comment

I really like the butterfly splices,I like the fatter fingers ,if that's the right expression. Good job.
                        By the way, stop tapping balls around with your cue
                        Would like to add, that's one hell of a nice cue action you have there.
                        Last edited by itsnoteasy; 14 January 2015, 05:44 PM.
                        This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                        https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Do you not believe in using chalk then ?

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                            Do you not believe in using chalk then ?
                            i didn't take me jacket off ether. i played a lad who just walked in straight after that vid and made 86 first shot and i don't remember calking it once, probably why i missed the half ball cutback yellow into the middle

Comment

j6 cue stories

How satisfying was that mate? A knock with a cue, which looks a player on this evidence, crafted by your own hands. Awesome work!
                              On Cue Facebook Page
                              Stuart Graham Coaching Website - On a break until March 2015
                              Ton Praram Cues UK Price List

Comment

Originally Posted by Stupree View Post
                                How satisfying was that mate? A knock with a cue, which looks a player on this evidence, crafted by your own hands. Awesome work!
                                thanks stu, yeah well its been lying around complete for over a year now. it was 58.5 at one point but i was never really happy with the hit, it could come down a ferrule to 57 but i like it the way it is.. my timing was out in that vid and the cue still performed

Comment

Working...
                                X