Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• as J6 has said they all start round anyway, so why extra to request one - answer is that they have to do a special email to their Thai supplier to NOT chamfer one of the cues from the batch they are waiting to ship out; £25 for the admin not actually for the work on the cue :biggrin: :wink:
    Last edited by DeanH; 1 October 2016, 02:28 PM.
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
      as J6 has said they all start round anyway, so why extra to request one - answer is that they have to do a special email to their Thai supplier to NOT chamfer one of the cues from the batch they are waiting to ship out; £25 for the admin not actually for the work on the cue :biggrin: :wink:
      Great to see Jason showing pics of shaft preparation. No Thai badgers infesting his workshop.

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
        as J6 has said they all start round anyway, so why extra to request one - answer is that they have to do a special email to their Thai supplier to NOT chamfer one of the cues from the batch they are waiting to ship out; £25 for the admin not actually for the work on the cue :biggrin: :wink:
        Am arrow straight to the heart...........bullseye!
        Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
        Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
        Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

• In the first pic J, are any tapered as I can't see from the pic (eyesight!).

Comment

• thanks, now the fine work begins.. should be cutting one of these into a hitter over the next few weeks[/QUOTE]

Anything to fit me mate with regards to our conversation? Would dearly appreciate it. Thanks and happy working. Cheers.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post
              In the first pic J, are any tapered as I can't see from the pic (eyesight!).
              yes they are tapered, then the last two pics is an hr later with them down to 1mm over

Originally Posted by winphenom View Post
              Anything to fit me mate with regards to our conversation? Would dearly appreciate it. Thanks and
              happy working. Cheers.
              you might need to pm me in a week or so to remind me win

Comment

• Sorry if this is a stupid question but how do you get them round? If you use a plane will it not always be slightly ridgy even if just taking slivers off?
                This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                  Sorry if this is a stupid question but how do you get them round? If you use a plane will it not always be slightly ridgy even if just taking slivers off?
                  well thats the art of cue making in a nutshell.. with time, practice, and knowing your tools

Comment

• but at some point you do use a scraper sand paper, though i try to limit that

Comment

• Cheers J, I find it fascinating, I'm sure I'm not the only one who really appreciates the time you take to do this thread and give us an insight into it all.

Comment

• you might need to pm me in a week or so to remind me win[/QUOTE]

will definitely Jason.....thanks a lot. Cheers

Comment

• the next shaft is coming along very nice. 0.5mm over
                          now a wet wipe down and let it lay for a few days

Comment

• That's a nice straight grain jig you have there.

Careful it doesn't end up as a cue!

Comment

• Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post
                              That's a nice straight grain jig you have there.

Careful it doesn't end up as a cue!
                              and the deeper you go the straighter it gets

Comment

• I would love to make my own cue, imagine knocking in your highest break with something you made with your own hands!

Comment

Working...
                                X