This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cue review :

So my cue that J6 made arrived a couple of weeks ago so i thought i'd get plenty table time before posting a small review.
    After Jason had finished it and put the video review on this thread i noticed the specs and sighed as i wanted 10m and it was only 9.4m, I messaged J and he apologised for the mixup and offered me the previous cue he had made with a discount which was a nice gesture as he didn't need to and i could have waited for him to do another with my original specs, this one was only 17oz and i really wanted between 18-19 but the tip size was more important so i took that one.

The packaging was excellent and i give him 10/10 for that
    The cue is really well finished which i new it would be due to the time and effort he puts in to it, he obviously has a little OCD and it shows 10/10

The tip that came with it was crap but he puts them on so he can test the cue knowing full well anyone serious about this game will take it off and put their preferred type on which for me was the MW Supertip.

The cue has a really lovely hit to it and is very responsive, so much so that when i reverted back to my old cue for our match(Jason's arrived the day before so i didn't want to chance it) it was like trying to control the cue ball with an old rest with a tip on, his cue is so much better and i now know what people mean when they say one is a player.

My only reservation about it is the weight as i have predominantly used only 18oz upwards but if i decide to get another heavier one then i'll be going back to Jason, top job sir!!
    It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

• Originally Posted by GeordieDS View Post
      Cue review :

So my cue that J6 made arrived a couple of weeks ago so i thought i'd get plenty table time before posting a small review.
      After Jason had finished it and put the video review on this thread i noticed the specs and sighed as i wanted 10m and it was only 9.4m, I messaged J and he apologised for the mixup and offered me the previous cue he had made with a discount which was a nice gesture as he didn't need to and i could have waited for him to do another with my original specs, this one was only 17oz and i really wanted between 18-19 but the tip size was more important so i took that one.

The packaging was excellent and i give him 10/10 for that
      The cue is really well finished which i new it would be due to the time and effort he puts in to it, he obviously has a little OCD and it shows 10/10

The tip that came with it was crap but he puts them on so he can test the cue knowing full well anyone serious about this game will take it off and put their preferred type on which for me was the MW Supertip.

The cue has a really lovely hit to it and is very responsive, so much so that when i reverted back to my old cue for our match(Jason's arrived the day before so i didn't want to chance it) it was like trying to control the cue ball with an old rest with a tip on, his cue is so much better and i now know what people mean when they say one is a player.

My only reservation about it is the weight as i have predominantly used only 18oz upwards but if i decide to get another heavier one then i'll be going back to Jason, top job sir!!
      thanks for the feedback and kind words geordie.. sry about the tip, these are pricier than elks but layered pigs skins not every ones cupa tea. but as you mentioned these firm layered tips do give me very good idea about the shafts resonance,but will give players a tip option in the future

-
      Last edited by j6uk; 20 October 2016, 06:16 PM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by winphenom View Post
        Well said Jason. This should be the aim of cuemakers to provide a good piece of equipment to the best of their ability for the benefit of the user who hopefully, will treasure and love the cue where much sweat, effort and time was spent to create, to enjoy and play the game to the best of their ability.
        its not about monetary profit only in cues.
        Any updates on the new cues mate? Thanks and cheers Jason.
        cheers win,
        heres a few pics of a possible shaft

Comment

• Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
          cheers win,
          heres a few pics of a possible shaft

Thanks for the pics Jason. Looks really terrific. Hope it plays well and is very responsive. Cheers Jason.

Comment

thanks for the feedback and kind words geordie.. sry about the tip, these are pricier than elks but layered pigs skins not every ones cupa tea. but as you mentioned these firm layered tips do give me very good idea about the shafts resonance,but will give players a tip option in the future

-
            Crap was probably a bit harsh, what i should have said was not my type, if you make something similar to the one i bought but between 18.5 and 19.5 then please give me first refusal!!
            It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

• Originally Posted by GeordieDS View Post
              Crap was probably a bit harsh, what i should have said was not my type, if you make something similar to the one i bought but between 18.5 and 19.5 then please give me first refusal!!
              know what you mean with those tips, bit too hard.. besides that i know what your after in a cue so, will do

Comment

• ebony maple

Comment

• old english vintage

ash, wenge, purple heart, maple and wenge veneers

18bp
                  17oz

Comment

• tight grained golden ash, wenge, wenge and olive veneers, ebony front splice

16.5bp
                    16.8oz

Comment

• Ebony maple looks great, how does that play J?
                      This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                      https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                        Ebony maple looks great, how does that play J?
                        its petty stiff, i like it and the white goes exactly where your looking, but the other two cues are more my cupa tea

Comment

• Maple Ebony looks sweet!
                          What's the resulting spec for this... :snooker:
                          "I got injected with the passion for snooker" - SQ_FLYER
                          National Snooker Expo
                          25-27 October 2019
                          http://nationalsnookerexpo.com

Comment

• Originally Posted by the lone wolf View Post
                            Maple Ebony looks sweet!
                            What's the resulting spec for this... :snooker:
                            18bp
                            17oz

Comment

ebony maple

SOLD!!!
                              Av been on the hunt for an Ebony Maple cues for a while and now it's a coming home.
                              I already have a nice maple cue but the plain ebony maple in my eyes looks more classy...
                              Gonna put the work in when she arrives :snooker:
                              National Snooker Expo
                              25-27 October 2019

Comment

ebony maple

SOLD!!!
                                Av been on the hunt for an Ebony Maple cues for a while and now it's a coming home.
                                I already have a nice maple cue but the plain ebony maple in my eyes looks more classy...
                                Gonna put the work in when she arrives :snooker:
                                National Snooker Expo
                                25-27 October 2019

Comment

Working...
                                X