Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And i'm pleased cos was on bike last few days of the week whilst my car was getting scrape painted

Comment

• Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
      this cue is a poker with some give at the top end
      specs are now:
      16bp
      17oz
      yeah so just to expand after having another mini sesh last night. the cues very solid and sends the balls in with a thud. its lively, moves the white around with ease. its not often that i want to play with a cue more than once unless i wanna make it my own so, and these spec are very different to mine
      theres a thin walled 9.2 and 8mm deep ferrule on that i think gives it that ping and adds to its character but i could also see the cue coming down to 57 with a thicker ferrule and it still playing just as good

Comment

yeah so just to expand after having another mini sesh last night. the cues very solid and sends the balls in with a thud. its lively, moves the white around with ease. its not often that i want to play with a cue more than once unless i wanna make it my own so, and these spec are very different to mine
        theres a thin walled 9.2 and 8mm deep ferrule on that i think gives it that ping and adds to its character but i could also see the cue coming down to 57 with a thicker ferrule and it still playing just as good
        Just saw the video!! just kind of perfect sound on the time of striking, as well as another one,,imo.
        I wonder, what kind of tip you use?? Although, I think how the cue sings, has more to do with balance and wood quality.... nice work anyway !!

Comment

• i think that was a squashed elk

Comment

• thanks for the info,,, !!

Comment

• my work space

Comment

• i do everything by hand but im also creating a taper jig. heres a piece of that jigsaw

Comment

• Nice work J6... will keep an eye on your progress
                  Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning...

Comment

• the next cue thats starting to emerge

Last edited by j6uk; 31 January 2015, 09:19 PM.

Comment

• Awesome again J6! I'd love to be able to do something like this.
                      WPBSA Level 2 - 1st4Sport Coach
                      Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
                      --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

• Good one J6UK

One question: how long does it take?

Looks fun to make your own cue.
                        My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
                        I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

• fun for some, not sure.. preparation is a time eater but if the woods all ready for construction then within 12hrs is possible
                          Last edited by j6uk; 1 February 2015, 12:39 AM.

Comment

fun for some, not sure.. preparation is a time eater but if the woods all ready for construction then within 12hrs is possible
                            Hmmm, given it takes me almost that long to change a tip, it would probably take me 5 years and the resulting cue would look like a banana.

My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.

Comment

• Originally Posted by mythman69 View Post
                              Hmmm, given it takes me almost that long to change a tip, it would probably take me 5 years and the resulting cue would look like a banana.

well depending on your cue-action a banana shaped cue might be worth the wait

Comment

well depending on your cue-action a banana shaped cue might be worth the wait
                                True and it would be good for playing on this table too.

banana-pool table.jpg

I'd better get started

Comment

Working...
                                X