Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well I was lucky enough to have j6 put this little beauty together for me.

17.25bp
    17oz

[/QUOTE]

i always wanted to try a longer cue, I know going over 58" is not recomended as it is affects the playability of the cue.
    Anyway j6 was kindly able to put one together at 59" for me, I must say he advised me to take off 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch to get the best out of this cue, but I just had to scratch this longer cue itch. As you can see I ended up with this cracking ash and ebony cue with a nice bit of flex and probably a little bit less solid shaft than many would prefer, but thats just the way I like them.

I have been playing with it for a few weeks now and can say that it was great from the first hit, I wasn't even aware of the extra length when playing, the cue feels very natural at 59" its a testament to the workmanship and choice of ash that it plays so well. As my playing cue was centre jointed (don't laugh it plays pretty well) I am loving using a one piece and the feel of the hit down the shaft. The more I play the more I like it.

j6uk's review https://youtu.be/FK8uM_KzL2E
    From page 113

Thanks Jason for creating this great cue.
    Last edited by Alex Gara; 19 November 2016, 10:50 AM.

Comment

• Although the look is simple, that's exactly what I prefer.

Plain Ebony on Ash gives the cue that classic look J certainly likes a solid tip, and that looks like a solid tip with nice burnishing.

Glad it plays well but you picked a good guy to go to to ensure you got that attention to detail.
      Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
      Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
      Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

• Going to have to wait patiently for mine. Great hitting cue there Alex Gara. Congrats and hope it serves you well to bring you to greater heights in your game.
        Testament to the marvellous cue making skills of Jason. Hope to see mine coming soon. Cheers

Comment

• Yes Shockerz I like the simple classic look as well, that's why I went for ebony/ash, I thought about a putting single front splice on it which would have looked great as well but decided against it. Sadly I didn't try out Jason's tip as I like mine softer so pressed an elk a little and put it on. I just wanted my first hit to feel good with a tip I am used to.

Thanks winpheom hope you get yours soon and that your as happy with it as I am with mine.

I really did choose a great guy in Jason to make this cue. To be honest if it wasn't that I have been following 'cue stories' I am not sure I would ever have had a cue made, just love to see the work and how sharing he is with his cue making, very interesting and informative.

The best thing is that Jason only wants to make the best playing cues he can, and he is very focused on making sure the cue will be right for the player. As a very good player himself he really knows how a cue should feel.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Alex Gara View Post
            Well I was lucky enough to have j6 put this little beauty together for me.

17.25bp
            17oz

i always wanted to try a longer cue, I know going over 58" is not recomended as it is affects the playability of the cue.
            Anyway j6 was kindly able to put one together at 59" for me, I must say he advised me to take off 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch to get the best out of this cue, but I just had to scratch this longer cue itch. As you can see I ended up with this cracking ash and ebony cue with a nice bit of flex and probably a little bit less solid shaft than many would prefer, but thats just the way I like them.

I have been playing with it for a few weeks now and can say that it was great from the first hit, I wasn't even aware of the extra length when playing, the cue feels very natural at 59" its a testament to the workmanship and choice of ash that it plays so well. As my playing cue was centre jointed (don't laugh it plays pretty well) I am loving using a one piece and the feel of the hit down the shaft. The more I play the more I like it.

j6uk's review https://youtu.be/FK8uM_KzL2E
            From page 113

Thanks Jason for creating this great cue.[/QUOTE]

Really nice looking shaft, best choice plain ebony, just so classy looking, for me you made the right decision not to have a front splice, hope it's the one for you.
            This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
            https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• this cue plays almost identical to my old playing cue from the first post on this thread. lively, accurate and a very consistent hit, a heavy scorer so.. really good to hear your enjoying your cue alex

Comment

• Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
                this cue plays almost identical to my old playing cue from the first post on this thread. lively, accurate and a very consistent hit, a heavy scorer so.. really good to hear your enjoying your cue alex
                Not just enjoying, i'm loving it. It's a fantastic piece of ash, plays just right for me. Just bought a bigger car and the cue fits in great. Ha Ha

Comment

• cue-rescue

still needs some finishing touches but this is almost ready to get back onto the table as what looks to be many a year.. a few before and after shots

Comment

cue-rescue

still needs some finishing touches but this is almost ready to get back onto the table as what looks to be many a year.. a few before and after shots

That's a neat job Jason.

What did you stick up it's butt (excuse my French)?

Just a dowel or a weight as well?

Comment

• Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post
                      That's a neat job Jason.

What did you stick up it's butt (excuse my French)?

Just a dowel or a weight as well?

well when i cracked it open i found an off set 3.5oz lead bolt and it was quite close to the back, so when i was splicing i found the best place for the weight a few inches more forwards. and its now 3.5 steel. i also took it from 57.5 to just over 58. nice textured bit of english ash with a nice stiff vibe

Comment

well when i cracked it open i found an off set 3.5oz lead bolt and it was quite close to the back, so when i was splicing i found the best place for the weight a few inches more forwards. and its now 3.5 steel. i also took it from 57.5 to just over 58. nice textured bit of english ash with a nice stiff vibe
                        Can't see from the pics, just wondering how you got the extra 1/2 inch? Did you just add the ebony front splice or have you added more, original cue pics shiny so wasn't sure?

Did you use the threaded steel weight?

Comment

cue-rescue

Where's the original badge J? Do you know what cue this used to be? Are there chevrons on the under side? Hmmmm Was there a thick coat of lacquer on the cue, like 7 layers of the stuff?
                          Last edited by Big Splash!; 5 January 2017, 07:53 PM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post
                            Can't see from the pics, just wondering how you got the extra 1/2 inch? Did you just add the ebony front splice or have you added more, original cue pics shiny so wasn't sure?

Did you use the threaded steel weight?
                            i cut a few inches off the back, doweled it then added x4 ebony with x4 veneers of wenge and black oak.the original butt is rose wood.
                            the weight is one of my machined bullets, no thread

Comment

• Originally Posted by Big Splash! View Post
                              Where's the original badge J? Do you know what cue this used to be? Are there chevrons on the under side? Hmmmm

no badge, thats how it came. unusually slim, could be from the 60s or earlier. smelt like it was in a cellar for a few decades

Comment

no badge, thats how it came. unusually slim, could be from the 60s or earlier. smelt like it was in a cellar for a few decades
                                Design reminds me of a Powerglide from the late 70s/early 80s in which case it would air-dried angel ash. There's a lot of lacquer which is a sort of clue though I don't remember weight stamps. Maybe I'm getting falsely excited here. lol

Last edited by Big Splash!; 5 January 2017, 08:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X