Wonder how much they cost in China

Leave a comment:

• j6uk
    replied
    so job done, heres the before and after

Leave a comment:

• ADR147
    replied
    takes a lot of balls to take a plane to your own playing cue!

Leave a comment:

• j6uk
    replied
    Originally Posted by guernseygooner View Post
    That top one has a very tight grain. Do you think it will have a lot of power? What is your tip of choice by the way J6?
    yes the top one is quite close and the other has a very wide grain. power wise i wont know until there spliced. both with good resonance, but the top ones got a shudder that rings through you like trying to hold on big bertha's favorite toy.. tips are pressed elks
    Last edited by j6uk; 1 January 2015, 07:28 PM.

Leave a comment:

• guernseygooner
    replied
    That top one has a very tight grain. Do you think it will have a lot of power? What is your tip of choice by the way J6?

Leave a comment:

• j6uk
    replied
    few pics of some of the ones on the hob

the cue above is very stiff with a real shudder of a vibe

this one above is stiff with a bit more movement nearer the tip, a 10mm deep ferrule and again a good resonance.
    though there not spliced yet i'll be taking them out for a run tomorrow and check the feedback
    Last edited by j6uk; 4 January 2015, 09:44 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Stupree
    replied
    j6 cue stories

A fine method.

I use this technique too...a flex, a tap, and a waggle gives me a good sense of what a cue is likely to do.
    Last edited by Stupree; 1 January 2015, 06:47 PM.

Leave a comment:

• j6uk
    replied
    Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
    Loving this thread J6, can you pick up a cue ,run your hands over it and make a good guess as to how it will play, by taper, where it starts etc(I have run out of cue terms lol) Would be very useful knowledge to have.
    thats one of a few accumulating factors, but on a whole i get a good idea when giving it a couple of taps in the middle of the shaft whilst holding the cue just below the balance point, then study the vibe

Leave a comment:

• itsnoteasy
    replied
    Loving this thread J6, can you pick up a cue ,run your hands over it and make a good guess as to how it will play, by taper, where it starts etc(I have run out of cue terms lol) Would be very useful knowledge to have.

Leave a comment:

• Stupree
    replied
    j6 cue stories

Just thought I'd add that I know it isn't that chunkier taper but feels noticeably larger than the 9mm I usually use

Leave a comment:

• Stupree
    replied
    j6 cue stories

Yeah I've got a few I could share and will do in the next couple of days mate.

Leave a comment:

• j6uk
    replied
    Originally Posted by Stupree View Post
    Nice work J6 - Folk shy away from 9mm for snooker but I think it works nicely and looks 'right' to my eyes. Currently on a 9.7mm and it looks and feels chunky
    who made this cue? might be an issue with the tapper. any pics? you could start a thread on cue tapers

Leave a comment:

• j6uk
    replied
    Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
    That's great stuff J6 as others have said it must be great to be able to do that, very brave to do it on your playing cue, full credit. That ferrule looks great ,is it a short one?
    thanks itis, yeah its 6mm depth whilst most are 8. i got one coming through with a lovely 10mm depth which i got give by robert o, pics up in a few days

Leave a comment:

• itsnoteasy
    replied
    That's great stuff J6 as others have said it must be great to be able to do that, very brave to do it on your playing cue, full credit. That ferrule looks great ,is it a short one?

Leave a comment:

• j6uk
    replied
    Originally Posted by Stupree View Post
    Nice work J6 - Folk shy away from 9mm for snooker but I think it works nicely and looks 'right' to my eyes. Currently on a 9.7mm and it looks and feels chunky
    me too. i love all ferrule sizes and 9.5 is my lease desirable. i used an 11mm club cue in the late 80s for a good few years while a lot of the 30breakers were obsessing over 8mm.
    yeah i like your 9.7 one of my best cues was that. but the two that i like the most are a 9.3 or a 10..
    theres many on the tour riding a 9

Leave a comment:

Working...
X