Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by styler View Post
    My dilemma now is:
    I have tried the vintage EJ Riley and it felt nice so do I go with it at £70. Or are these Omin (Thai version) cues on eBay better quality? Plus it is new. And are they reliable, as in genuine. I also worry it might arrive not straight!
    A choice between a cue you have tried, and like, and at a good price,

or

a cue you haven't tried , bought from ebay. . mmmm let me think . .

This is a retorical question surely ?

Think of it this way. You've got an old cue that you've tried , and like.

If in the future, you want to try the ebay Omin, just go online and buy one.

On the other hand, if you buy the ebay Omin 1st, and decide it's not for you, the old Riley could be well gone. .

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally Posted by billabong View Post
      A choice between a cue you have tried, and like, and at a good price,

or

a cue you haven't tried , bought from ebay. . mmmm let me think . .

This is a retorical question surely ?

Think of it this way. You've got an old cue that you've tried , and like.

If in the future, you want to try the ebay Omin, just go online and buy one.

On the other hand, if you buy the ebay Omin 1st, and decide it's not for you, the old Riley could be well gone. .

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      it is a no brainer.
      https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by styler View Post
        My dilemma now is:
        I have tried the vintage EJ Riley and it felt nice so do I go with it at £70. Or are these Omin (Thai version) cues on eBay better quality? Plus it is new. And are they reliable, as in genuine. I also worry it might arrive not straight!
        The only reason I suggested the O'min was because of your concern about the weight of the cue. Obviously, there are risks you may not like the O'min but as a beginner, you'll probably love it. Most people play with cues somewhere between 17-19oz and most pros are on 17-18oz. so your Riley is a bit light but it can be reweighted for another £20 by a local cue doctor. But if you like the Riley and can accept its weight, then buy it.

Comment

Buy the vintage Riley , if it hasnt moved i.e warped in 60-70 yrs , then it is unlikely to do so in future , if you look after it , it will last you a lifetime. Like ADR said , no brainer really .

Comment

E J Riley vintage cue with diamond shape name plate. How old is this 64 inch cue?

Comment

Originally Posted by Dencamp View Post
              E J Riley vintage cue with diamond shape name plate. How old is this 64 inch cue?
              Are you sure it is 64" ?

Comment

Sorry cue is 54 inches hit the wrong key.

Comment

Originally Posted by Dencamp View Post
                  Sorry cue is 54 inches hit the wrong key.
                  It there a letter next to the weight stamp - either way cue is likely to be around 100 years old.

Comment

Working...
                  X