• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by ebonynivory View Post
    Jointed above the splicing?
    See attached

Cannon Cues LTD 03.jpg
    My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
    I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

Originally Posted by mythman69 View Post
      See attached

[ATTACH]17649[/ATTACH]
      Hi Mythman

Not sure which model this is. The Whirlwind, Hurricane and Tornado were all jointed below the splices.

Hope the cue plays well?

Comment

Hi Mythman

Not sure which model this is. The Whirlwind, Hurricane and Tornado were all jointed below the splices.

Hope the cue plays well?
        I have only had one hit with it and it was pretty good. It lives under my bed with all my other cues
        My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
        I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

Around 1989-90 I had the Tornado model in maple. Painted black butt, absolutely horrific. Can't remember the exact price I paid but it was the cheapest of the 3 models with the Whirlwind the most expensive at around £100.

Comment

Originally Posted by mythman69 View Post
            I have a Cannon Cue the same as this one on ebay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-Ca...vip=true&rt=nc

While it looks like a handmade cue I noticed that it is ebonised . . .

The listing says they bought it new for £325. Would that be right? Seems a lot for back in 1980.
            I am now the owner of the cue sold on eBay. It is definitely solid ebony butt and handspliced ash which is straight grain. The eBay seller told me that he had owned the cue from new and had a high break f 139 with this cue. I don't think they were as much as he quoted although with the case and extension it may have been around £200 when new. It's definitely the later model as well and with the join at 16in.
            'Believe To Achieve'

Comment

Hi. Your research is correct. The Tornado was the only one that was ebonised-it was made to look like a hand spliced cue and was jointed high around the 16in like the whirlwind.
              Thanks Ebonynivory, I have discovered that Cannon applied to register the name "Hurricane' for their cue in 1989 and it was granted in 1990 so the earlier (white badge) cues were all from around 1990 with the later badged cues with the three billiard balls from around 1992/3. I believe they were only in existence for 3 or 4 years in total and although they did make some cheap and nasty cues their top range cues were very good cues.
              'Believe To Achieve'

Comment

What I have found from adverts in Snooker Scene, Cue World, and Pot Black magazines.
                The adverts are for retailers, not Cannon themselves so the prices are for those retailers.
                The below are when the models first appeared in the adverts or there was a change.

Sep 1988 Hurricane - 3PC Mature Ash, Striped Ebony butt with butt joint and extension - £72.85.

Nov 1988 Hurricane - Mature Ash, Ebony, Oil Finish, Hand made, Butt Jointed with screw in extension - £62.90.
                Nov 1988 Whirlwind - Mature Ash, Ebony, Oil Finish, Hand made, Butt Jointed with screw in extension - £81.50.

Dec 1991 Hurricane - Mature Ash, Ebony, Oil Finish, Hand made, Butt Jointed with screw in extension - £69.95.
                Dec 1991 Whirlwind - Mature Ash, Ebony, Oil Finish, Hand made, Butt Jointed with screw in extension - £89.95.
                Dec 1991 NEW Hurricane - as above but with screw in extending extension & quick release joint - £74.95.
                Dec 1991 NEW Whirlwind - as above but with screw in extending extension & quick release joint - £94.95.

Nov 1992 Tornado - Mature ash, Simulated Hand Made, Ebonised Butt jointed with screw in extension - £46.95
                Nov 1992 Hurricane - Mature Ash, Ebony, Oil Finish, Hand made, Butt Jointed with screw in extension - £76.70.
                Nov 1992 Whirlwind - Mature Ash, Ebony, Oil Finish, Hand made, Butt Jointed with screw in extension - £89.95.
                Nov 1992 NEW Hurricane - as above but with screw in extending extension & quick release joint - £83.95.
                Nov 1992 NEW Whirlwind - as above but with screw in extending extension & quick release joint - £96.95.

The Cannon cues adverts fizzle out in 1993.
                I have no images of any of these cues, hope the above helps.
                Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

forgot to say I have e-copies of all the above if of any use.
                  Also I found an article about player endorsements to cue makers including Cannon if of any interest?

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                    forgot to say I have e-copies of all the above if of any use.
                    Also I found an article about player endorsements to cue makers including Cannon if of any interest?
                    Wonderful information Dean, much appreciated, I'd love e copies

Oldgit
                    'Believe To Achieve'

Comment

Originally Posted by garysnooker View Post
                      i had the Hurricane and sold it to george31 and i think i had Tornado it was machine splice ive still got the Ye Olde Ash Cue and 3 others cannon cues here is 2 of them
                      Some beauties there. Lovely.

Comment

thanks master blaster HI Dean could you send me copies copies please

Comment

Originally Posted by garysnooker View Post
                          thanks master blaster HI Dean could you send me copies copies please
                          no worries Gary
                          PM me your email and I'll send a set.

Oldgit - thanks for your contribution via email

Comment

Cannon Cues from the 1980s and 90s

kind of unrelated but if anyone sells a powerglide purist like the one in the above picture in good condition drop me a pm interested in one cheers

Comment

Originally Posted by Brooksy147 View Post
                              kind of unrelated but if anyone sells a powerglide purist like the one in the above picture in good condition drop me a pm interested in one cheers
                              off the topic kid !! start a new thread !! if u wanna buy something ,, just look at the classified section ! or start a new thread . NO SPAM !! ( is the 2e time u re doing this ).
                              Unles your moral compass is kind of fuked up and you do'nt understand what u be told!! that would be another story than !! good luk with ur powerglide cue !!

Comment

Eh!???????

Comment

Working...
                                X