James Butters cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

James Butters cue

I had my eye on that one, if you can't get on with it let me know please.
    #jeSuisByrom

Comment

Originally Posted by jono* View Post
      77£ is an absolute bargain for that cue
      Really it's £94 (including postage ) but still cheap

Comment

One of the best cues I ever played with was a Butters, just plain ebony one. Was one of Alan Wardles... light as a feather but felt and played like a beauty. He wouldn't part with it.

Think they're getting a bit pricey now though. Personally wouldn't pay more than £150 for one. Any more and you're getting in GBL land, and they're not a patch on GBLs overall
        #jeSuisMasterBlasterBarryWhite2v1977Luclex(andHisF ictiousTwin)BigSplash!

Comment

Originally Posted by bolton-cueman View Post
          One of the best cues I ever played with was a Butters, just plain ebony one. Was one of Alan Wardles... light as a feather but felt and played like a beauty. He wouldn't part with it.

Think they're getting a bit pricey now though. Personally wouldn't pay more than £150 for one. Any more and you're getting in GBL land, and they're not a patch on GBLs overall
          A youngster bought a butters cue off eBay a while back not sure how much he paid but after having a few hits with it I also think £150 is a quite reasonable price anymore you'd be paying to much

Comment

I think it's just the final finish that lets them down. I've had a few of the unbadged ones and a couple of hours work has turned them into lovely cues, you won't find better for the money he sells them for.
            No one is listening until you make a mistake!

Comment

Just waiting on the delivery now!

Fred - No problem at all, I'll definitely let you know if I don't get on with it.

Comment

James Butters cue

Thanks. @bolton-cueman, is that Alan Wardle from Radcliffe Central club?
                #jeSuisByrom

Comment

Not sure if he plays there - he used to play at Little Lever Cons. Havent seen him in years, sadly.

He doesn't live that far from Radcliffe, so more than likely. If he turns out with about 50 cues with him, that's def him

Comment

Originally Posted by bolton-cueman View Post
                    ...Think they're getting a bit pricey now though. Personally wouldn't pay more than £150 for one. Any more and you're getting in GBL land, and they're not a patch on GBLs overall
                    Well cheapest GBL is £244 + postage so a way to go yet surely

Comment

id take a 2nd hand GBL over a Butters most days of the week

Comment

James Butters cue

Seen a few of his Trevor White cues, very nice.
                        #jeSuisByrom

Comment

Originally Posted by culraven View Post
                          I think it's just the final finish that lets them down. I've had a few of the unbadged ones and a couple of hours work has turned them into lovely cues, you won't find better for the money he sells them for.
                          BigandyG was buying quite a few of the un badged cues from him and refinishing them himself. Not sure if he still is, havn't seen him post much on here lately.

A couple of years back you could get a nice multispliced un badged for the £100 mark. Now a single splice with veneer costs around the same mark. Badged usually fetch around double that and a bit more for a special one. Shame he only makes one piece cues these days,
                          "When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally Posted by Maverick54 View Post
                            BigandyG was buying quite a few of the un badged cues from him and refinishing them himself. Not sure if he still is, havn't seen him post much on here lately.

A couple of years back you could get a nice multispliced un badged for the £100 mark. Now a single splice with veneer costs around the same mark. Badged usually fetch around double that and a bit more for a special one. Shame he only makes one piece cues these days,
                            Not sure why a badged one should get double the price unless of course the badged one makes potting easier

Comment

Originally Posted by Maverick54 View Post

There have been a few 3/4 Butters with hidden joints from James, on ebay, recently.

Comment

Originally Posted by Leo View Post
                                Not sure why a badged one should get double the price unless of course the badged one makes potting easier
                                if he did a badged, red glue model (with air dried ash, for Master B) it'd easily fetch a grand

Comment

Working...
                                X