James Butters cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by bolton-cueman View Post
    if he did a badged, red glue model (with air dried ash, for Master B) it'd easily fetch a grand
    I thought I see blaster make an appearance the other day on here.

Comment

Originally Posted by Leo View Post
      Not sure why a badged one should get double the price unless of course the badged one makes potting easier
      I'm fairly sure an unbadged JP Ultimate wouldn't be worth more than £200

Comment

Originally Posted by billabong View Post
        There have been a few 3/4 Butters with hidden joints from James, on ebay, recently.
        Yeah saw the last one. In the Makers box it was listed as a reject, his others usually say butters in the box. Wonder how many spotted that.
        "When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it." - Henry Ford

Comment

I have noticed that my cue doesn't have any oil finish on the cue, what kind of work did you do yours to improve them?

I have some raw linseed oil that I could apply.

Comment

James Butters cue

I bought the maple hidden jointed cue maple front splice it's really nice cracking cue for the money took it to dave coutts to be refinished and smaller tip
            Last edited by shanerayner28; 19 May 2015, 09:55 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by shanerayner28 View Post
              I bought the maple hidden jointed cue maple front splice it's really nice cracking cue for the money took it to dave coutts to be refinished and smaller tip
              So out of interest, what was the total cost after having the work done?

I see quite a few cues that I fancy but which need a bit of work to alter them to what I would like them to be. Unfortunately The only local guy we have is a bit pricey and postage costs back and forth mean its a non starter to buy them.
              "When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it." - Henry Ford

Comment

James Butters cue

dave charged me £50 needed tapering down as it was chunky and full refinish which i think daves is the best can't fault his work the 50 included new ferrule tip tapering and full refinish i no there's cheaper cue makers who do good work like andy Travis but for me it as to be a dave coutts finish

Comment

Sounds fair enough. Hope the cue plays well for you.

Comment

James Butters cue

plays very well have got 3 of his cues 2 multi spliced ash and one maple if anyone as a low budget had recommend one of his cues

Comment

Working...
                    X