Alex Higgins Powerglide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alex Higgins Powerglide

hey guys just wondering if anyone has seen a powerglide cue that i was told ,was a replica of alex higgins cue he won the 82 world championships with. It had a similar badge to some of the fred davis cues (plain silver with black writting)i believe. Any info or anything would be great guys

Aaron

pretty sure higgins was using a burwat champion.
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

2nd that. Burwat
      "When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it." - Henry Ford

Comment

He was sent hundreds of Burwats by the public after a public request when he either broke/lost his cue I believe. He then set about butchering them all. Alex was a real tinkerer with cues. Damn, they'd be worth a fortune today.

Comment

Alex Higgins Powerglide

Ok guys after having a memory recall, I remembered that it was in fact a riley burwat alex higgins replica did anyone have one of these ? I have only ever seen one

Comment

Originally Posted by Brooksy147 View Post
            Ok guys after having a memory recall, I remembered that it was in fact a riley burwat alex higgins replica did anyone have one of these ? I have only ever seen one
            I sold one once, nothing flash really, OR is this different to what you meant ??

Comment

it was more similar to this one http://kraftykues.weebly.com/uploads...714953?4306028

Comment

Ahh right, looks like a £30 cue tops

Comment

one was exactly the same on the forum some time ago as well http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...ex-higgins-cue

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                    I sold one once, nothing flash really, OR is this different to what you meant ??
                    Lovely looking cue. Nice plate.

Comment

the is a Riley Burwat Ray Reardon for sale on ebay at the moment, looks like it has been chewed by a dog
                      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                        the is a Riley Burwat Ray Reardon for sale on ebay at the moment, looks like it has been chewed by a dog
                        . . and yet the first thing in the condition bit, is that the "rubber bung is missing from butt" ( don't, just don't ).

The very thing that made this a classic !!!!

Comment

oh and the plastic slip on tip "that could be protecting something underneath" ?
                          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Working...
                          X