3/4 Cue with budget around £300

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3/4 Cue with budget around £300

I'm looking at investing in a new cue shortly but after looking around am much more confused than when I started out.. I'm going to ask my coach for advice tomorrow but thought I'd try here first. I keep coming across peradon cues for around that price range which look OK but not sure on quality etc. What would be other places to start looking?

Buy a used good quality cue or a cheap starter cue,but you need to know the spec that suits your game or your throwing your money down the drain.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I know the rough spec I'm after as I bought a cheap Chinese cue a couple of years ago rather than spending more money at the time, to see if it suits me. Since then I have been trying different length, weight etc cues until I am happy with what I am after spec wise. More after makes to look out for or avoid with regards to build quality etc.

Comment

I would avoid Peradon cues, ok for £100 ish but no way worth £300
        Better off buying something from Greenbaize http://www.greenbaize.com/

Comment

Pm me or email richy1471@hotmail.com and I'll let you know what I have.
          "Don't think, feel"

Comment

That's a good budget you have,knowing what weight and length cue etc will help you decide,but I wouldn't dismiss a one piece cue either.

Comment

Andy Travis makes very good cues at that price. Well worth asking him. Hes on here.

Comment

i know someone who makes really awesome custom cues for a much less price than some of the big names....let me know if you are interested...

Comment

3/4 Cue with budget around £300

Farooq
                  you need some more posts to get PMs
                  Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                    I would avoid Peradon cues, ok for £100 ish but no way worth £300
                    Better off buying something from Greenbaize http://www.greenbaize.com/
                    Unless he wants a laminated shaft - dun, dun, dun!
                    That would be the only cue I'd be tempted by from them, the Newbury. If it's gonna cost £1000 elsewhere, it might be tempting to buy that one.

Comment

Not sure if your still looking mate but Im selling my Mike Wooldrige cue atm, including case and for 360..

here ... > http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...g-peradon-case

don't think it will last long as its a bargain at that price. quality cue as well

Comment

Or for £300 Ton Praram will make you a great custom cue they say on here. It might take a few months but it will be outstanding.

Comment

You may email me on farooq_lateef@hotmail. com and we can share a few pix of those custom cues...

Comment

Thanks for all the tips guys. I've been pondering this quite a lot and after a discussion with my coach yesterday think I have decided on pushing the boat out a bit more and getting a one piece cue from Mike Wooldridge. I know the exact specs I am after so I think it's worth scrabbling together the extra cash. Only issue is I won't be able to afford the extensions at first but that's the least of my worries for now.

Comment

What specs are you looking for? I have a Mike Wooldridge one piece cue and mini telescopic extension that I'm thinking of selling. It's only 4 months old and in mint condition. Specs are Mike Wooldridge Tiger Cue- Ash - 58", 9.5mm, 18oz, 29.5mm butt. PM me you're if you're interested and I can send you pics.
                              Cheers
                              Mark
                              Last edited by drumcue; 23 March 2015, 11:39 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X