Consistent repetative cueing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Consistent repetative cueing

I don't really have a proper settled consistent shot routine so I decided to write down the steps, stick on the wall in my pool room and practice the steps until they stick. For example sometimes I step in with the right foot first and then sometimes with the left foot. I also start feathering while getting down sometimes or pull the cue back fast on the final backswing etc.

Is there anything I have missed out I should add?

1 - Stand behind line of shot
    2 – Decided where I want to leave the white ball and where to hit it and how hard to achieve position
    3 – Check for loose grip (this is just for me as I have a tendency to grip the cue too tight)
    4 - Place right foot under cue hand
    5 – Place left foot
    6 – Don’t start feathering until fully down and settled
    7 – Feather
    8 – Pause on final front stroke
    9 – Slow final backswing
    10 – Pause on backswing
    11 – Accelerate through the cue ball
    12 – Cue hand finishes touching chest

Sorry, just realised this should have been in coaching. If someone could move it for me I would be really grateful.

Comment

just cut and paste it in coaching and let this thread drift away

Comment

Very nice J6.

The only thing I could add would be on point 6- above. The pause you mention there is very important and a very good player and friend told me to do a quick angle check once settled before feathering. Does it look 10 out of 10. If not, get up, don't even bother to feather. Because if you do the feathering and hit the ball you may miss the shot (if it's difficult) and may get position wrong even if the shot is easy. This is because subconsciously/back of mind, something is amiss and your active brain will be confused by thoughts that come through as you take the shot.

I'm not as good as him, so I don't always do this check and a lot of pros don't either, or they just can't be bothered getting up or they think very quickly, I can't get better alignment than this even if I do get up and back down so I'll just take the shot and see. If it doesn't look right, get up.
        Last edited by Master Blaster; 10 March 2015, 11:30 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X