Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Don't buy a Snooker Cue (or anything else), it's a Conspiracy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah no problem, send it to me blaster and i'll put the clunk through its passes. i'm waiting..
    Originally Posted by Master Blaster View Post
    I will send you this Riley Classic, it's only half the cue you've got. Clunk, clunk, clunk.

Comment

not really when you think that would be done in one practice session by a better player
      Originally Posted by trevs1 View Post
      You made four maximums in a week.?... that's some going isn't it.

Comment

incase you missed my question MAster Blaster I'll ask it again. As you say price difference plays a massive factor when it comes to getting a good quality cue and how a player will improve due to the quality of the cue I just wanted to know what a difference a player would feel if he traded in his nice Thai cue he bought from Greenbaize and spent ÂŁ800 more on a JP ultimate same specs balance design etc.?

Comment

Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
          I had a craftsmen cue (much cheaper than the cue Richy made for me), he played great as well !!
          Do male cues play any differently to female cues, I should imagine there a lot more forgiving!
          No one is listening until you make a mistake!

Comment

Originally Posted by Leo View Post
            incase you missed my question MAster Blaster I'll ask it again. As you say price difference plays a massive factor when it comes to getting a good quality cue and how a player will improve due to the quality of the cue I just wanted to know what a difference a player would feel if he traded in his nice Thai cue he bought from Greenbaize and spent ÂŁ800 more on a JP ultimate same specs balance design etc.?
            bit of a closed question... as we all know there wouldn't be.
            #jeSuisMasterBlasterBarryWhite2v1977Luclex(andHisF ictiousTwin)BigSplash!

Comment

Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
              not really when you think that would be done in one practice session by a better player
              I'm assuming your reply is aimed at the part of my post which said "that's some going isn't it.?"

So, are you saying that a "better player" (whatever that means), would make four maximums in a session on some sort of regular basis, and, that it's nothing out of the ordinary.?

Who are you referrring to by "better player".???

Comment

I've personally seen Peter ebdon, kyren Wilson and Rory McLeod all practice before when they were based in northamptonshire and none of them have ever managed 4 maxis in a session
                77 in a match, 97 in a line up

Comment

I think he means in practice... like lineouts and splits etc...

Not in frames.

Comment

You made four maximums in a week.?... that's some going isn't it.
                    I'm assuming your reply is aimed at the part of my post which said "that's some going isn't it.?"

So, are you saying that a "better player" (whatever that means), would make four maximums in a session on some sort of regular basis, and, that it's nothing out of the ordinary.?

Who are you referrring to by "better player".???
                    yes in one week.
                    im talking about solo practice. so considering a top-amateur/pro might not miss a ball for an hour, if they were working exclusively around the black it would not be unusual for them to make multiple maxes in one session
                    Last edited by j6uk; 22 March 2015, 10:25 AM.

Comment

But making 1 in a genuine frame is a kin to making 100 in that style.

Comment

yes in one week.
                        im talking about solo practice. so considering a top-amateur/pro might not miss a ball for an hour, if they were working exclusively around the black it would not be unusual for them to make multiple maxes in one session

So you are not playing in a frame no, and have no opponent... is that correct.?

I would not call any break made in such circumstances a break at all, no matter what it was.

Breaks to me only have some significance if they're made against an opponent, in open play, where you do not have constant access to the table without anyone trying to make it difficult for you. Anything else has no value apart from training.

I have known (and do know) many great players, from amateur to top level pro, and I'd have to say they would be steaming along to be making four maximums in a session...ever. Yes, I have known some to make more than one, and also make an absolute hatful of other really big tons in the same session. but four maximums.???

Christonabike!.... that really would be some going.

Edit to add........ If you can find me a professional player who freely claims to others to have made a maximum in the way you just have there, he would be laughed off the face of the planet. He would NEVER live it down, honestly.
                        Last edited by trevs1; 22 March 2015, 10:38 AM.

Comment

i think if you've made a dozen ether T, cross and/or sequential maxes and your getting good sparing then id be surprised if you hadn't had at least one
                          Originally Posted by pottr View Post
                          But making 1 in a genuine frame is a kin to making 100 in that style.

Comment

i think if you've made a dozen ether T, cross and/or sequential maxes and your getting good sparing then id be surprised if you hadn't had at least one
                            What does this mean.?

Comment

doing routines, I agree a pro would / could make several max's in a day. Just ran that past a mate who's a coach / ex-pro. He has done 6 in a single day but doing routines. There's a huge difference in setting balls out in a T on line-up than open play.

anyone saying that pros (or anyone in fact) make multiple max's in open play, per day on a regular basis - to quote his exact words - 'is f*cking brain dead'.
                              #jeSuisMasterBlasterBarryWhite2v1977Luclex(andHisF ictiousTwin)BigSplash!

Comment

i think unless proved anyone claiming to be getting Max's on a snooker table on a regular basis should really in theory be taken with a pinch of salt IMHO. Not saying anyone is lying but you have to take a step back sometimes and just let them get on with it.

Comment

Working...
                                X