Cue buying advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by SlamDunc1990 View Post
    Thank you for all the replies. I will do a bit more internet digging. I am getting the impression that there is nothing wrong with some of the Asian manufacturers. I am going to have to go out on a limb a bit with the specifications but I am sure the average weight and length would be fine for me.

Whereabouts in Shetland are you originally from ADR147?
    middle of nowhere!
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
      GBL are FAR superior to O'min
      I was going to write this earlier but thought against it as I thought blaster master was gunning for a debate.

Comment

Originally Posted by Leo View Post

I was going to write this earlier but thought against it as I thought blaster master was gunning for a debate.
        Ha ha ha yeah, but O'min are very good for the price, but they are in a different price bracket to GBL anyway

Comment

On the greenbaize website they are offering package deals on the Mastercue range, anyone have any advice on them?

Comment

At the price range your at you can nearly afford a custom cue from Jim Evans (see Jawes Cues blog on TSF). It might be worth asking him what he can do for you for £250. I don't think there is a massive delay in his turnaround either. His cues are reputed to be very good.

Comment

O'min hunter price are around 500++pounds, dont think its cheaper than any gbl cue i have seen so far.
              In progressing!!

Comment

Originally Posted by Jasonteh6688 View Post
                O'min hunter price are around 500++pounds, dont think its cheaper than any gbl cue i have seen so far.
                O'min Union cue for £275 -

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Th...item1c4eb53d66

Comment

Originally Posted by Jasonteh6688 View Post
                  That is a special case tho

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                    That is a special case tho
                    Yes, very special.

Comment

Originally Posted by SlamDunc1990 View Post
                      On the greenbaize website they are offering package deals on the Mastercue range, anyone have any advice on them?
                      master cue are good but make it a one piece i still don't trust the joints.
                      https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

O'min union are not their highest range model, for Hunter, there are hunter 1, hunter 2 etc, all are different price and if you like a best shaft on hunter you have to add extra money, and not sure about their recent new ultimate model, might be more expensive , all this price and information i get from originalomin. Of course i believe there are some mark up in price from Originalomin. but not ridiculously high as i went to O'min factory in Bangkok once , that was a Hunter 1 for sale pricing at 30000 thai baht which is around 600 pounds, but after several hour of bargain on price, i managed to get the cue for 23000 thai baht (470pounds). And 275 are considered standard price for a o"min union with a extension, we can get it cheaper in Malaysia, as the shipping cost are not so high and without vat tax needed to pay.
                        Last edited by Jasonteh6688; 26 March 2015, 05:36 PM.
                        In progressing!!

Comment

So for the poster i believe gbl are better because they price their cue according to the design, they use the same grade of shaft for each cue from plain ebony to multi splices cue unlike omin, they use better shaft on more expensive model, for example union use A grade shaft, hunter AA and hunter professional ones AAA. Thats how omin grade their shaft wood. So for your budget you can get a gbl with plain ebony design and not worrying about getting second grade shaft.
                          In progressing!!

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                            What's up with the joints on master cues ADR? I've got one so want to know what to look out for.

Saying that, I've had mine for about 5 years and play for at least 5 hours a week with it and not had an issue so far.
                            Andi Mack

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                              I am not really keen on a one piece due to practicality issues. What exactly is wrong with the joints?

I should also mention that my budget was an estimate and is not set in stone. Would you say there is a price threshold which should give you a good chance of quality from any of the reputable manufacturers?

Comment

This is the spec of the package I am looking at from GBL.

Mastercue Pack 2 : Total retail price £280.00 Offer Price £252.00 Free UK delivery

PB5 – 3/4 jointed at 14″ : Tip size 9.5 mm, weight 18.5 oz, length 58″, butt diameter 29 mm

Extensions : SE6 & TE1

Case : 3/4 Deluxe Halo ( Black & Blue )

Free Accessories Added : Chalk, Tip Protectors & Spare Tips

Any thoughts? Since I am going to be very rusty should I be looking for a larger tip size?

Comment

Working...
                                X