Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Selecting hard Elks (or any tip, I suppose!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Hello, Mr Big Shot View Post
    It's pretty much the same as a milk dud. I make mine slightly differently, with a secret ingredient I'll not divulge. Had mine on my (english pool) cue for 2 years or more, with plenty of life left yet.

You can just bung them in milk for 24 hrs, then press for 24 hrs, results will be near enough the same. I simply cannot stand soft, unpressed tips.

And tips make no difference when it comes to deflection, or none worth mentioning.
    Hmmm...I wonder if that secret ingredient is something we'd rather not know?
    Terry Davidson
    IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Hrm.. i did try to do milk dud long ago.. the result that tip not consistent at all.. some feel so duff sometime u get very good result but oftenly very bad.. perhaps telling people to soak with hot milk for 24 hrs just a sortcut to bluff informations.. there are some missing formula on it that people hide it from public because they stingy..
      How Squirt reduce its depend on your cue tip profile or shape.. if you play with super dome shape.. you will notice how cue tip help reduce throw on your cue..

Regards
      Fairuz

Comment

Su u can.. drink that with tea or coffee it make you good as ronnie later on..

Comment

Originally Posted by Fairuz View Post
          Su u can.. drink that with tea or coffee it make you good as ronnie later on..
          Hahahaaa.... thanks

Comment

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
            Originally Posted by Hello, Mr Big Shot View Post
            It's pretty much the same as a milk dud. I make mine slightly differently, with a secret ingredient I'll not divulge. Had mine on my (english pool) cue for 2 years or more, with plenty of life left yet.

You can just bung them in milk for 24 hrs, then press for 24 hrs, results will be near enough the same. I simply cannot stand soft, unpressed tips.

And tips make no difference when it comes to deflection, or none worth mentioning.
            Hmmm...I wonder if that secret ingredient is something we'd rather not know?
            Ha, pretty much.

Comment

Well the milk dud thing did toughen up my spongers to a point, didn't last though, now actually in the bin, not just the "tips not to use" bin. Pulled the tip off a racker at the club though, tis lovely.

Comment

Working...
              X