Best posting option for 1 piece cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
    Very difficult site to find information ??? ie where do you look to see insurance costs ?????
    Adam advised me to go into the site via "ipostparcels"

select XL as the size, and start your order. 2nd page gives you extra valuation costs over on the right hand side. .

Comment

Originally Posted by billabong View Post
      Adam advised me to go into the site via "ipostparcels"

select XL as the size, and start your order. 2nd page gives you extra valuation costs over on the right hand side. .
      Ok thanks, got it now
      I don't usually bother insuring cues but this could be worth a try next time, seems strange how they can provide up to £1000 insurance tho for only £7, i think parcelforce would charge around £37.50 ??

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
        Ok thanks, got it now
        I don't usually bother insuring cues but this could be worth a try next time, seems strange how they can provide up to £1000 insurance tho for only £7, i think parcelforce would charge around £37.50 ??
        Like any insurance, the proof will be trying to claim if needs be.

Comment

Some post office counters will take cues mistakenly on the special next day service as under 2 kilos. This has lots of insurance. Just luck if they accept it or the if the counter staff are clued up.

Comment

Originally Posted by Homer View Post
            Some post office counters will take cues mistakenly on the special next day service as under 2 kilos. This has lots of insurance. Just luck if they accept it or the if the counter staff are clued up.
            Hmm are you sure about that ? i think it covers £50 max, we are talking about £1000 cover here

Comment

The cover on special delivery is £500 for the basic one, but there of length restrictions of either 1m or 1.2m can't remember which. I have never had a problem with ukmail and have sent lots with them. The tracking is efficient and they even text you in the am of the day of collection the eta

Comment

Originally Posted by Homer View Post
                They do and I use them - but be aware if anything goes wrong they can just reject your claim for being out of their specification.
                Incidently, does anyone know if any of the international carriers charge different amounts for insurance - I'm looking at posting a cue and paying £64 for insurance alone through parcel2go
                ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Old cue collector --
                Cue Sales: http://oldcues.co.uk/index.php?id=for_sale_specials
                (yes I know they're not cheap, I didn't intend them to be!..)
                ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally Posted by perpetualboredom View Post
                  They do and I use them - but be aware if anything goes wrong they can just reject your claim for being out of their specification.
                  Incidently, does anyone know if any of the international carriers charge different amounts for insurance - I'm looking at posting a cue and paying £64 for insurance alone through parcel2go
                  How much you insuring it for Mike ??

Comment

Postage costs and insurance varies by region , I believe . Parcel Force International divides the globe up into regions and charges different amounts for each one . I am guessing that such things as customs requirements , paperwork , war zones , incidents of theft etc etc all affect insurance . Its all about risk for insurance purposes after all , the higher the risk the higher the cost .

Comment

I used too send my 1pc cues by Royal Mail Special Delivery Next Day for as little as £8.45 if under 1kg in weight plus £500 cover! and never had a problem it's all changed now though, guy at my post office wont take them no more, they seem too be more strick now about what go's through the sorting offce, all good things come to a end

Comment

I still send all my 1pc Cues Next Day Special Delivery from a Post Office £8+ but you do have to look around as some post offices including my nearest one won't take it but one couple of miles away never says anything and even accepts fishing rods etc!!.....lol

Gaz.

Comment

Originally Posted by gazza147 View Post
                          I still send all my 1pc Cues Next Day Special Delivery from a Post Office £8+ but you do have to look around as some post offices including my nearest one won't take it but one couple of miles away never says anything and even accepts fishing rods etc!!.....lol

Gaz.
                          Your lucky Gaz...fishing rods! lol

Comment

Working...
                          X