No announcement yet.

parris or wooldridge cues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I feel i can add some solid weight to this discussion because i have a MW Legend and recently acquired a Parris Champion Cue only months ago.

Now my MW Legend absolutely ****s all over my JP in all honesty and it is the BEST Cue i have ever played with, fair enough i do not have an Ultimate from JP but both Cues i own are VERY similar in price and any MW Cue does not come with a massive wait time.

People pissing on the Blackspin Ferule are probably the players that have never tried it and most are Internet heroes that just say things to cause a stir and get a reaction yet people wonder why top Cue makers rarely visit this site..... I will tell you why and that is because it is mostly populated with idiots that have massive egos and quick fingers when a keyboard is front of them sadly. If you don't like a Cue or an aspect of it that is fine but refrain from talking crap if you are commenting after limited play or only 10mins worth.

For value for money and what you are actually getting with time frames included MW wins this debate by a country mile and i have heard of PLENTY of people who are excellent players claim that a MW Cue plays as good as any JPU which is double the price plus change and without a 2yr wait.
    If it is called " Common sense " why is it so rare???

Comment

X2 on many of Chappy5 comments. In particular i found the blackspin ferrule (with tip) to be a total game changer.

Comment

Originally Posted by MikeWooldridge View Post
        no. we're working flat out and no time to even think.

i do have some superb shafts and butt woods though, so they're gonna be the nuts when i eventually get round to them.
        When VCM Opens i will be a VERY happy Camper mate!

Hurry up will ya damn it!

Comment

Originally Posted by Chappy5 View Post
          I feel i can add some solid weight to this discussion because i have a MW Legend and recently acquired a Parris Champion Cue only months ago.

Now my MW Legend absolutely ****s all over my JP in all honesty and it is the BEST Cue i have ever played with, fair enough i do not have an Ultimate from JP but both Cues i own are VERY similar in price and any MW Cue does not come with a massive wait time.

People pissing on the Blackspin Ferule are probably the players that have never tried it and most are Internet heroes that just say things to cause a stir and get a reaction yet people wonder why top Cue makers rarely visit this site..... I will tell you why and that is because it is mostly populated with idiots that have massive egos and quick fingers when a keyboard is front of them sadly. If you don't like a Cue or an aspect of it that is fine but refrain from talking crap if you are commenting after limited play or only 10mins worth.

For value for money and what you are actually getting with time frames included MW wins this debate by a country mile and i have heard of PLENTY of people who are excellent players claim that a MW Cue plays as good as any JPU which is double the price plus change and without a 2yr wait.
          I haven't seen anyone on this thread slating the Blackspin ferrule.

I said before that I would love to give a Wooly a go but I just wanted a standard ferrule. I assumed it wasn't possible but Mike corrected me. Nothing to do with the technology, more to do with I have been playing a long time and would rather receive what I am used to, instead of what could turn out to be an expensive experiment.

Comment

Originally Posted by guernseygooner View Post
            I haven't seen anyone on this thread slating the Blackspin ferrule.

I said before that I would love to give a Wooly a go but I just wanted a standard ferrule. I assumed it wasn't possible but Mike corrected me. Nothing to do with the technology, more to do with I have been playing a long time and would rather receive what I am used to, instead of what could turn out to be an expensive experiment.
            Not in this thread but it does happen and i have seen it heaps. Also why not ask MW first as well instead of posting thoughts on a public forum that may not be true in which he had to come on here to correct you? Now these Cue makers do not have a heap of time to be prancing around on forums arguing with people who "assume" first then think later and had MW not come on and corrected you your public post could be seen by thousands etc when it was not true at all.

Trust me when i say just buy a Cue with the Blackspin Ferule and give it a go and i mean a serious decent go.

IF after that it does not suit you or you don't like it the market for MW Cues is huge and you would be very naive to think you could not get all of your money back or very close to it if worst came to worst and you wanted to sell it.

I will be very surprised if you got a brand new MW Cue with the Blackspin fitted and did not like it in all honesty.
            Last edited by Chappy5; 13 May 2015, 09:31 AM.

Comment

The top 16 pros all use a simple ring ferrule. I guess they lack common sense.

Trump walks into Parris cues and buys a cue, not even a JPU. Robertson has a Parris. Ronnie has a Parris.

So, the two greatest cuemen of all time have a Parris and so does the greatest player/greatest breakbuilder.

Them Parris cues with their brass ferrules; terrible things!

Of course, these guys aren't club players with superior knowledge of all things snooker and snooker cues, so one must forgive them for their extremely talented ignorance.
              Last edited by Master Blaster; 13 May 2015, 10:12 AM.

Comment

Originally Posted by Master Blaster View Post
                Here we go.

Weren't you banned not long ago??

Comment

People are always scared of anything new

Comment

It's like the whole "best cue" thing.

Every cue is different ( and made up of different shafts, balance, weight, FERRULE TYPE etc ).

The mechanics of every player's cue action is different.

Your aim when trying different cues is to find the best combination that suits you ( feels right ).

Top 16 pros use what they use. At that level, i'd think they know the feel / throw / etc, of their cue ( or cues ), and their game has it's solid basis there.

Less gifted players, who use the blackspin ferrule system , and feels it improves their game, would be silly to stop using it because the top 16 don't use it.

It should be put in the mix of what might give them the best suited cue for them. .

Don't discount anything, just because player x,y or z isn't using it. .

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally Posted by billabong View Post
                      It's like the whole "best cue" thing.

Every cue is different ( and made up of different shafts, balance, weight, FERRULE TYPE etc ).

The mechanics of every player's cue action is different.

Your aim when trying different cues is to find the best combination that suits you ( feels right ).

Top 16 pros use what they use. At that level, i'd think they know the feel / throw / etc, of their cue ( or cues ), and their game has it's solid basis there.

Less gifted players, who use the blackspin ferrule system , and feels it improves their game, would be silly to stop using it because the top 16 don't use it.

It should be put in the mix of what might give them the best suited cue for them. .

Don't discount anything, just because player x,y or z isn't using it. .

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      I half agree with you. If a club golf player has to use a chest putter, so be it. Oversized tennis rackets, so be it. Magnesium tubed bike, so be it. I'm with you, folk need to admit their level and be real about cues.

But I make the point which can't be denied; almost every world champion has used a cue with a brass ferrule (Thorburn aside, fibre). The thinner the wall in that ferrule the better. I think TW might agree, I know Terry does. But they're brass on ash (Hendry brass on maple).

Comment

The way I look at it is, it's entirely up to the individual what ferrule they use and if they play better bang on keep using it, but for me and my opinion only is I wouldn't personally use one as I'm so used to brass , like I am having my steering wheel on the right and no disrespect to lesser standard players with the Blackspin but I think their opinion is less validating then those with a higher standard of snooker.

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                          People are always scared of anything new
                          I'm not against new and only pro-traditional. I think hydrogen powered/battery cars are great things for example. These are things people should adopt.

But why change if there is no improvement? You've had every cue and every ferrule. Your game is the same. I like to use the same equipment as the really good ams/pros in any sport, that way, I can gauge where I am comparative to them. If I cheat on equipment, I won't know.

Comment

Originally Posted by Leo View Post
                            The way I look at it is, it's entirely up to the individual what ferrule they use and if they play better bang on keep using it, but for me and my opinion only is I wouldn't personally use one as I'm so used to brass , like I am having my steering wheel on the right and no disrespect to lesser standard players with the Blackspin but I think their opinion is less validating then those with a higher standard of snooker.
                            World First! We are in agreement.

From what I can gather, the best players on TSF use brass.

Comment

I'm not against new and only pro-traditional. I think hydrogen powered/battery cars are great things for example. These are things people should adopt.

But why change if there is no improvement? You've had every cue and every ferrule. Your game is the same. I like to use the same equipment as the really good ams/pros in any sport, that way, I can gauge where I am comparative to them. If I cheat on equipment, I won't know.
                              My highest break is with blackspin ferrule, so in my opinion it works B-)
                              Pros stick to cues they have played with all their career, with one or 2 exceptions, they probably don't even know about it!

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                                My highest break is with blackspin ferrule, so in my opinion it works B-)
                                Pros stick to cues they have played with all their career, with one or 2 exceptions, they probably don't even know about it!
                                That's not true, people like Ronnie/Dale/Lee/Higgins/Mags and many others are very fussy about cues and they do know about these things, all too well apparently. They've tried every cue and tip, and they settle on what they believe to be best. And for the pros that's mostly brass on Parris mate.

Comment

Working...
                                X