parris or wooldridge cues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Master Blaster View Post
    That's not true, people like Ronnie/Dale/Lee/Higgins/Mags and many others are very fussy about cues and they do know about these things, all too well apparently. They've tried every cue and tip, and they settle on what they believe to be best. And for the pros that's mostly brass on Parris mate.
    I bet Ronnie has never tried one, coz Parris don't do it!
    If Dale has tried it and believes brass is better, doesn't mean to say he is right tho does it??
    Have YOU actually tried one? If not your comments are totally invalid surely you agree?

Comment

I have owned and played with cues from both Parris and Wooldridge, including Parris cues from the mid-eighties made by the man himself. I find Parris quality and playability more variable. If you get a good one it will be equal to anything out there, and whatever you have, as long as you look after it and don't go for a crazy spec, it will hold its value extremely well. Wooldridge cues in my experience are more consistent and all those I have used have played very well indeed. In fact, the comparison between the brands is fairer than most, since both makers employ others to do much of the work.

Comment

Parris cues are more variable largely because they have the largest range of cues available from a UK cue maker...

Comment

Originally Posted by jono* View Post
          Parris cues are more variable largely because they have the largest range of cues available from a UK cue maker...
          No doubt, but the reason doesn't matter as much as the reality.

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
            I bet Ronnie has never tried one, coz Parris don't do it!
            If Dale has tried it and believes brass is better, doesn't mean to say he is right tho does it??
            Have YOU actually tried one? If not your comments are totally invalid surely you agree?
            Yes, I've tried every cue out there and Parris is no.1 of the cue makers so I guess my opinion is valid afterall. But I prefer my old wood cues to a JPU, but these cues are no longer made by anyone. But actually, it's not about my view or yours because only the best will get the best out of the very best. And the pros say Parris cues are the best. I'm not arguing with them because I have no grounds to doubt their words.

Comment

Originally Posted by Master Blaster View Post
              Yes, I've tried every cue out there and Parris is no.1 of the cue makers so I guess my opinion is valid afterall.
              So.... your opinion is valid because, in your opinion, Parris is the no.1 of the cue makers, ridiculous logic if I have ever heard it. Also, no reference made to how any of the cues played, just that Parris is the "no.1 of the cue makers". That says nothing whatsoever about playability or the quality of the cues, just that you are a brand lover. Nothing wrong with that but worth admitting.

Even if it is the case that they are just that good, is it worth the extra wait? Ultimately that has to be factored in to the cue buying equation. In my opinion, waiting a couple of years+ for a cue is ridiculous, and if they really are that tiny bit more playable, the 2+ years playing with a MW cue for example would be time much better spent.
              Last edited by Kebabman; 13 May 2015, 11:39 PM.

Comment

to say JP is good because of his reputation he earns from the pros...
                MW would be happy to know any pro who uses his cue but he wouldn't be carried away by that.
                so how do you want me to tell you who is the best? both of them have their good and down

Comment

Originally Posted by jono* View Post
                  Maybe a group of cue makers....

Comment

all these pro,s with great cues? how do we no they are ? one mans cue could be another mans walking stick :snooker:
                    nonchalant sideways action amongst some very ignorant pokes :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by Kebabman View Post
                      So.... your opinion is valid because, in your opinion, Parris is the no.1 of the cue makers, ridiculous logic if I have ever heard it. Also, no reference made to how any of the cues played, just that Parris is the "no.1 of the cue makers". That says nothing whatsoever about playability or the quality of the cues, just that you are a brand lover. Nothing wrong with that but worth admitting.

Even if it is the case that they are just that good, is it worth the extra wait? Ultimately that has to be factored in to the cue buying equation. In my opinion, waiting a couple of years+ for a cue is ridiculous, and if they really are that tiny bit more playable, the 2+ years playing with a MW cue for example would be time much better spent.
                      My quote that you have used is out of context. I was replying to JRC about that fact I've used a lot of cues so my opinions are valid. Having used all the names I know JP is the best. Except for my old wood, air-dried cues which are supreme but no longer made. Slainte.

Comment

Originally Posted by MikeTheBigMonster View Post
                        to say JP is good because of his reputation he earns from the pros...
                        MW would be happy to know any pro who uses his cue but he wouldn't be carried away by that.
                        so how do you want me to tell you who is the best? both of them have their good and down

I'll agree to that and I think this thread is pointless, it's like Ronnie v. Hendry or summat, or more actually like Ronnie v. Dott. lol

Comment

Working...
                        X