Jp Classic or Ambassador?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jp Classic or Ambassador?

Can anyone tell me whats the difference between these 2? I mean other than the stock specification they come in they're both just plain ebony / ash cues?

there is a dif, i think you need to get over to the shop to find out.. but for me the ambas came in at a better spec for me cus it was around a 9mm ferrule

Comment

Hmmm need to get into the shop yea? Ok but other than the spec, what other difference mate? Curious to know pls?

Comment

The Ambassador comes with an SD joint, but specs are the main difference

Comment

Ok so other than spec no difference yes? Is the shaft quality (so called) graded differently from say the classic upto the exclusive? Or is the extra coin for the exotic butt splices?

Comment

no real dif man.. what kind of cue are you after?

Comment

Im actualy about to give up snooker altogeather mate. Just not happening anymore. But think id like to give one last attempt in finding a cue that is actualy worth playing with. And what i mean by this is finding a cue that feels and sounds soo good that even when i miss a big shot ill be left with a grin on my face.

Comment

If it is really that important to get a cue that feels right to you then I would say go to the shop and actually try some cues physically
                Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Should do really. Might just do that. Just cant be bothered running around as they often seem like wow when you first hit a ball but then somewhere down the line it becomes the same old story... Maybe just need a break for sometime. Meanwhile i have my trusted centre split jummy white endorsed argos special £10 cue which in all honesty has the most responsive shaft ever. Just ugly but plays better than anything out there. 1" shorter than my ideal length though. I think if it fell into the hands of a decent player they would want to keep it.

Comment

Originally Posted by screw View Post
                    Should do really. Might just do that. Just cant be bothered running around as they often seem like wow when you first hit a ball but then somewhere down the line it becomes the same old story... Maybe just need a break for sometime. Meanwhile i have my trusted centre split jummy white endorsed argos special £10 cue which in all honesty has the most responsive shaft ever. Just ugly but plays better than anything out there. 1" shorter than my ideal length though. I think if it fell into the hands of a decent player they would want to keep it.
                    If the cue suits your game , keep it and play wt that cue !! No matter what he cost, is not important !! Sometimes a 10 P cue playes mutch better than a 800 pounds golden cue !! just my opinion !!

Comment

Not sure what Andrew watt on here or ADR have got but they've normally got a few quality cues for sale

Comment

weve all been there, but have you ever thought about getting some lessons?
                        im a well worn stone who plays with a club cue, and the only way i can see me not playing is not really having anyone half desent to play with

Im actualy about to give up snooker altogeather mate. Just not happening anymore. But think id like to give one last attempt in finding a cue that is actualy worth playing with. And what i mean by this is finding a cue that feels and sounds soo good that even when i miss a big shot ill be left with a grin on my face.

Comment

Whats the ebony like on the Ambassador? Is it Jet black?
                          Last edited by screw; 6 May 2015, 10:48 PM.

Comment

Try and find an old wood cue, one that was air dried. They feel totally different with at least 100% more feel in the balls and on big screw shots. You'll need to get one second hand unless you can persuade JP to make you one from his special stock of old wood.

When you go back to kiln dried board cues, you will just feel and hear clunk, clunk, clunk. Horrid things.

Comment

Originally Posted by Master Blaster View Post
                              Try and find an old wood cue, one that was air dried. They feel totally different with at least 100% more feel in the balls and on big screw shots. You'll need to get one second hand unless you can persuade JP to make you one from his special stock of old wood.

When you go back to kiln dried board cues, you will just feel and hear clunk, clunk, clunk. Horrid things.
                              Welcome back -

Comment

Working...
                              X