The quality of JP cues????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Kate147 View Post
    Also, everyone involved in snooker has an interest in JP cues, they are regarded as the best. But it's people's preference I guess.

I just came on to this forum today and I'm sure I, like many have the bug for it, it's a great forum. Unfortunately there are those that comment rudely and very negatively.
    Quite. There are a possee of the paranoid who ruin it for many new members such as yourself and another chap who came on called 2V. It is very unfortunate for TSF that anyone new who says anything pro-Parris is immediately and unfairly castigated.

Anyway, welcome to the forum. Folk like Dean H, Neil etc will guide you well. You'll soon sort the wheat from the chaff. ;-)

Comment

Originally Posted by Master Blaster View Post
      Quite. There are a possee of the paranoid who ruin it for many new members such as yourself and another chap who came on called 2V. It is very unfortunate for TSF that anyone new who says anything pro-Parris is immediately and unfairly castigated.

Anyway, welcome to the forum. Folk like Dean H, Neil etc will guide you well. You'll soon sort the wheat from the chaff. ;-)
      Ok great. I am trying to PM a certain cue maker on here who everyone seems to be talking about lately. Trouble is it keeps saying I don't have the privilege to do so. I thought you could PM after you have posted 10 times.

Comment

Ok great. I am trying to PM a certain cue maker on here who everyone seems to be talking about lately. Trouble is it keeps saying I don't have the privilege to do so. I thought you could PM after you have posted 10 times.
        DEAN! Lady in need of assistance. Not sure myself........................DEAN!

Comment

it is 10 posts AND patience
          for the databases to align or something
          and maybe a log out, log on type thing

be aware that some people (cue makers as well) on TSF don't like interacting via PM :wink:
          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post

it is 10 posts AND patience
            for the databases to align or something
            and maybe a log out, log on type thing

be aware that some people (cue makers as well) on TSF don't like interacting via PM :wink:
            Thank you very much for your help. I understand what your saying but there are just some questions that can't be put up to the public.

Comment

Thank you very much for your help. I understand what your saying but there are just some questions that can't be put up to the public.
              Who are you wanting to contact ?? might be quicker to give you their email address ?

Comment

There are a few members who really do know a lot about cues, Dean and Neil Tapparell are two such members. ;-)

Comment

There are a few members who really do know a lot about cues, Dean and Neil Tapparell are two such members. ;-)
                  Take your nose out of their arses ffs

Comment

Originally Posted by Leo View Post
                    yes please :biggrin:

Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by Leo View Post

Up your dosage dear boy.

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                        Who are you wanting to contact ?? might be quicker to give you their email address ?
                        Thanks JRC but Dean was right, a quick log out and back in has done the trick. Cheers

Comment

Hi everyone,

Yes I have totally got the SF buzz and want to keep posting, It is great to be able to get all this info in one place.

I have read that JP cues are not as good as they used to be, can anyone say if this is true or not? It still seems that most pro players use his cues. When searching for cue makers a few names come up but there doesnt seem to be many pro's using other cue makers cues, I am sure there are some pro's using them but the majority seem use JP cues. Would this be the case if they were not a good.
                          I have also seen that some people are saying that the Ultimate is not so Ultimate any more, for such an expensive cue I would want it to make 147's while I sit and have a cup of tea.
                          Hi Kate,

JPUs are as variable as the next custom. The problem is that people really do expect miracles of it and they buy a TW, MW, JO, CJ and every other cue as well. These people are fools. They'd be better off spending just £20 on a lesson with a coach. There are folk who really do believe that the 'one' cue is out there, like the one ring! LOL

A JP cue is gonna be as good if not better than any other make on average. But each custom comes out different to another one that is identical, because of the individual characteristics of each shaft. JP gives you a receipt, a chance to put a deposit down and not pay full up front for something you've never seen and he lets you try the cue on collection and he will try and put right anything your not happy about. His business is respectable and above board. He makes cues with planes in the UK, from scratch, no dodgy Thai cues coming over and being oil up before being flogged on as British from him. He's kosha.

The three greatest players of all time have used two Parris cues and a Powerglide. Go figure.
                          Three greatest of all time! For me that would be Ronnie who started his career with a Burwat champion until giving it away after losing to Dott in the world semi, who has then mostly used Parris but not exclusively, then Hendry who won all of his world titles with a Powerglide Connoisseur, then used a Parris after the connoisseur was damaged but ditched Parris for Acuerate. Then Steve Davis who used a Ye Olde Ash which had work and was converted to 3/4 by Parris for all 6 of his world titles, he did have a 3/4 Parris for a while which he later experimented with a white fiber ferrule on it but always goes back to his old cue. For all the talk of Pros using Parris i can still only think of 2 people to have won a world title with a Parris and that's Ronnie and Neil Robertson, John Higgins may have won his 1st with a Parris also

Comment

Originally Posted by Dave Walton View Post
                            ..For me that would be Ronnie who started his career with a Burwat champion until giving it away after losing to Dott in the world semi....
                            It was a JP Ultimate that he gave away ???

Comment

Yes it was #805

Comment

Originally Posted by svendh View Post
                                Yes it was #805

Look at that, a rose, a beautiful lady, an eagle in full flight, a cat leaping; a JPU. Cue heaven.

Comment

Working...
                                X