No announcement yet.

Ding's new cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trevor white did make a couple of cues with special badges for Dominic dale, the champion cues. Not sure if he's done that for anyone else. As for Ding, saying he doesn't want a badge so no one knows the maker is a bit odd, as i would assume a lot of people would knew quickly if orders for said cuemaker booms. He obviously hasn't settled with it as he lost 5-0 to michael brown..

Comment

Originally Posted by jono* View Post
      ... He obviously hasn't settled with it as he lost 5-0 to michael brown..
      Maybe then he doesn't want a badge on it in case it reflects badly on the cue maker when he throws it away in disgust

Comment

Originally Posted by Leo View Post
        Talking about Mr Trevor white I wonder if Ding did get in contact with Him how would he treat Ding differently, now I don't know Trevor but I would wage a bet by his posts on here he wouldn't treat any pro any differently to us on here, I could be wrong though
        Marco Fu had to wait the same amount of time for his 2 cues as us mere mortals .
        Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

i have tried the 2 cues Ton made for him, quite quite stiff, as he need a tip size of 9mm now, so it is very difficult to find the right timber, all ding's cues being made or just having been making, are all introduced to the makers by his freinds, not himself

Comment

Do you know the reason for wanting no badge on the cues then ??

Comment

Ding needs to stop donging around.

1. Visit Uncle John
              2. Get Nic back as your coach.

We could make Ding an air-angel and he wouldn't play better. No practice, computer games, late nights and junk food aren't a recipe any cue maker can change for the better. Folk really should stop looking for the one and concentrate on practise. Bingo don't need another cue, neither should Ding but if he's gonna get one, he should just call JP. And he'd have the best for free as well.
              Last edited by Master Blaster; 15 June 2015, 05:13 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by Master Blaster View Post

1. Visit Uncle John

We could make Ding an air-angel and he wouldn't play better. No practice, computer games, late nights and junk food aren't a recipe any cue maker can change for the better. Folk really should stop looking for the one and concentrate on practise. Bingo don't need another cue, neither should Ding but if he's gonna get one, he should just call JP. And he'd have the best for free as well.
                Didn't a previous poster just say that Ding got 7 cues your Uncle John made and he said they were "rubbish" ?

Comment

Originally Posted by timcunnell View Post
                  Ah now I did know the answer to this - but can't remember now!! I know he favors a ridiculously stiff shaft - which can be difficult for makers to source. But yeah I think that, combined with the tip and butt sizes, balance point and particular taper that he likes. All make it very difficult.
                  I know he got 7 cues made by JP, and dismissed all of them as "rubbish"!! That is when he went to Stamford and they did one that he liked straight away. Pot luck with him maybe (no pun intended!!).

1. Visit Uncle John

Maybe you should try reading the posts before talking bollocks as per usual, Uncle John made him 7 cues, all were rubbish ha ha ha

Comment

This theory of there not just being one "best" cue maker, could just have some truth behind it, eh ?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

1. Visit Uncle John

Whats all this (WE could make him an angel cue) slip of the tongue i hope

Comment

What on earth is an Air Angel? Never heard of it.

Comment

Originally Posted by piper74 View Post
                          It's a made up phrase by the lunatic master blaster

Comment

Originally Posted by piper74 View Post
                            Good question. An air-dried cue comes from a board of ash air dried for a number of years (usually about 5-6 to become stable). If the board is matured further, the properties of the wood improve. This can be done for 12, 24, even 50 years. Making a cue out of really matured wood produces an 'air angel'. You don't cut the board until it sounds right, until it makes really good music. It needs to have the correct timbre, like the wood for a Stradivarius. Only then can it become the ultimate playing cue.

Simple really. I guess we could make Ding one but if he's had loads of JPUs and thinks them rubbish, is there any hope for him? Just call Nic and stop donging around.
                            Last edited by Master Blaster; 15 June 2015, 06:16 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by jono* View Post
                              He (Ding) obviously hasn't settled with it as he lost 5-0 to michael brown..
                              can I ask when this match was? thanks
                              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Good question. An air-dried cue comes from a board of ash air dried for a number of years (usually about 5-6 to become stable). If the board is matured further, the properties of the wood improve. This can be done for 12, 24, even 50 years. Making a cue out of really matured wood produces an 'air angel'. You don't cut the board until it sounds right, until it makes really good music. It needs to have the correct timbre, like the wood for a Stradivarius. Only then can it become the ultimate playing cue.

Simple really. I guess we could make Ding one but if he's had loads of JPUs and thinks them rubbish, is there any hope for him? Just call Nic and stop donging around.

I am no cue expert, but to me, it seems rather impractical (logistically and economically) and an unsustainable business model for any cue maker to do this.
                                Last edited by piper74; 15 June 2015, 07:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X