• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Watford
    ..Let's see if you stick to £60!
    *kof* *kof*

Sounds about right..

Been trawling fleabay for a while now (such a load of rubbish out there - umpteen odd piece cues etc.)

Anyways.. just won this one inc. case (ebay#170117805608), and yes you were right - it was over £60 (well just )

After advice for my budget range I just looked for Craftsman Cues, I would have gone to the shop for a mooch around but I'm working a lot so don't really have time during the day hence fleabay.

Details:
    About a year old, £180 new plus price of case, 19.5 Oz (I like a heavier cue), 57" long (butt length 12") and balance point around 17"

Just arranging when to pick it up now
    Watching the world go by...

Comment

Originally Posted by Gramayr
      *kof* *kof*

Sounds about right..

Been trawling fleabay for a while now (such a load of rubbish out there - umpteen odd piece cues etc.)

Anyways.. just won this one inc. case (ebay#170117805608), and yes you were right - it was over £60 (well just )

After advice for my budget range I just looked for Craftsman Cues, I would have gone to the shop for a mooch around but I'm working a lot so don't really have time during the day hence fleabay.

Details:
      About a year old, £180 new plus price of case, 19.5 Oz (I like a heavier cue), 57" long (butt length 12") and balance point around 17"

Just arranging when to pick it up now
      good price - but notice the splices are not in line with the badge?
      https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Aye, I did notice that but didn't really think about it - might email the guy and point this out. Are the splices always inline with the badge? making me wonder if 12" for a butt is too short now.

Comment

normally they are in line - at that price though i would not be bothered - if you live in leeds take it into craftsman cues and ask dave to reposition the joint if it bothers you. (you can even says its for me if you are nice!) the grain is in line with the splices so its easy enough to sort.
          https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Thanks, I'm on the outskirts of York so Leeds isn't too far for me.
            I'll have a good look at it when I pick it up - if I find it's not quite right for me I'll certainly pop over to Craftsman when I get time (snowed under with work at mo) and probably get them to fit a butt joint for an extension at the same time.
            If I go I'll certainly mention your name

Comment

You may find the guy simply did not tighten it when he took the photo and that it tightens up straight.
              The balance point factors into how it plays(at 17" thats pretty much average" but the length to the butt to the joint (12") only really matters when it comes to fitting in a case and as it comes with one you've no problem there.

Comment

Working...
              X