Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Rikki147 View Post
    Square at the end of the shaft??
    If the shaft goes to end of the cue you can see the square where it's been planed for the 4 splices. Even with a butt socket you can still see the corners

Comment

Oh right. Yes there's no square there that I can see

Comment

Originally Posted by Rikki147 View Post
        In that case then it's proof this cues the real deal as I'm sure john would say so if not. Also I've got my receipt if anyone wants to see it lol. I didn't realise my cue was going to get so much conversation lol ��
        Ah, folk are obsessed with JP, it's the Ali v. Forman thing, one has to pick a camp.

Comment

Originally Posted by guernseygooner View Post
          If the shaft goes to end of the cue you can see the square where it's been planed for the 4 splices. Even with a butt socket you can still see the corners
          The shaft doesn't need to go to the end of the cue for it to show a square at the end.

Comment

I'm sure a cue maker can shed some light on this but on every JP cue I've seen you don't see the square of the shaft at the end.

On Trevor White cues for example you can clearly see the square at the end of the cue. In Thaigate, wasn't it established that Thai shafts are supplied at something like 50"?
            That doesn't really mean anything, the shaft could just be planed down to a smaller square so that the joint hides it. Also with the thai shafts they are extended from the 46-48" to the normal cue length so the square would also show if it were larger than the butt joint.

Comment

I'm sure a cue maker can shed some light on this but on every JP cue I've seen you don't see the square of the shaft at the end.

On Trevor White cues for example you can clearly see the square at the end of the cue. In Thaigate, wasn't it established that Thai shafts are supplied at something like 50"?
              I don't know. Was it? So you're saying no Thai cue maker makes a cue with a 60" square? Not even Ton Praram? If this is the case then they're all doing a bit of butterfly splicing towards the end of the cue on four sides, around 8" from the butt end? I'd be happy if you could answer this please? I'm looking at a Phoenix and now I have these crazy technical gremlins running in my head. Help!

Comment

Originally Posted by billabong View Post
                The shaft doesn't need to go to the end of the cue for it to show a square at the end.

Which cue is this Bill?

Comment

Originally Posted by RogiBear View Post
                  That doesn't really mean anything, the shaft could just be planed down to a smaller square so that the joint hides it. Also with the thai shafts they are extended from the 46-48" to the normal cue length so the square would also show if it were larger than the butt joint.
                  Thanks for that. I'm still going to believe what Del told me

Comment

Dunno, just a picture I found. .

Comment

Originally Posted by billabong View Post

Is this the one that was butchered in Thaigate?

Comment

Originally Posted by Master Blaster View Post
                        I don't know. Was it? So you're saying no Thai cue maker makes a cue with a 60" square? Not even Ton Praram? If this is the case then they're all doing a bit of butterfly splicing towards the end of the cue on four sides, around 8" from the butt end? I'd be happy if you could answer this please? I'm looking at a Phoenix and now I have these crazy technical gremlins running in my head. Help!
                        I can't say for certain every cue isn't a full length piece, but the vast majority aren't

Thanks for that. I'm still going to believe what Del told me
                        Don't blame you, one can't be seen leaning one way too much

Comment

Starts off as a cosy JP Unique thread and now the kitchen is blown up to bits after someone threw a Thai hand grenade in. And for once, it ain't Blaster's fault Trevor, take note!

Comment

Originally Posted by Master Blaster View Post
                            Starts off as a cosy JP Unique thread and now the kitchen is blown up to bits after someone threw a Thai hand grenade in. And for once, it ain't Blaster's fault Trevor, take note!
                            Hahahahah "Thai hand grenade"

Comment

Rikki, a part of me is almost praying that this cue is kosher now mate !...else you may have to change your name, go underground, and maybe hideout in Siberia or something

EZ
                              " It's impossible to put a price on happiness "...:-) EZ

Comment

Lol it's the real deal for sure. I wouldn't touch it otherwise. Anyone who thinks otherwise PLEASE call john and he will confirm. I think this is the last cue I'm ever selling as its caused so much conversation hahahah

Comment

Working...
                                X