cheddarclassics soon be available again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cheddarclassics soon be available again

I think Crispian needs to also make me 1, I'm not bothered which 1 of the 8 it is this month either!!!...........☺

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
      These cases were recently on sale again by someone who bought the rights to use the name, how is this going to work ??
      News to me and news to Dave, who is this mystery someone? Any chance he's got a real name!

Comment

Originally Posted by kevin mackey View Post
        News to me and news to Dave, who is this mystery someone? Any chance he's got a real name!
        no idea but i have seen the cases and cues actually.
        https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Kevin, I had the pleasure of owning the very last case Dave made, a harlequin 3/4 long case, I pulled that case apart to look in to the construction methods, through making several hundred cases myself since then I know that 20 hours minimum would be needed to produce cases of the same quality, Dave will be 72 in December so for this reason I come ted, as I know I could not produce 15 cases in a month if I worked 12 hours a day 7 days each week !

However I would be the first to ask Dave for a case should he ever decide to make any

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
            no idea but i have seen the cases and cues actually.
            Sorry I 'm not comprehending very well, if you've seen them you must know where and who showed them to you. Do you work in a snooker accessories shop? Did someone try to sell them to you? Or perhaps it was ACTUALLY just a photo advertising them?, surely it had a name and phone number on.
            If you've got something other than innuendo's please let me know otherwise I will be selling cheddar classic cases in the UK, I might even try http://stores.ebay.co.uk/ADR147-Snoo..pool-Supplies and from the comments I've heard so far the only one I really give any credence to is cueman, I can relate to his feelings having had it happen to me in the past, and as I have previously stated I will be talking to Dave about his situation. If you read this cueman I would be grateful if you could drop me an e-mail with further details
            on the info.chedd.... address from the first thread. I'd much prefer to have definite facts when I do discuss it.

Comment

Originally Posted by crispian View Post
              Kevin, I had the pleasure of owning the very last case Dave made, a harlequin 3/4 long case, I pulled that case apart to look in to the construction methods, through making several hundred cases myself since then I know that 20 hours minimum would be needed to produce cases of the same quality,

However I would be the first to ask Dave for a case should he ever decide to make any
              I'll take you up on that, what kind of case do you want? You obviously know Dave well, he's obviously lying to one of us because I've got him down for 71 this year.
              I was with him in Thailand in July and he's looking good and fighting fit, a diet of stress free living, golf and no booze really agrees with him. Post me or drop me an email address and I'll get him to drop you a line and you can give your order to him directly

Comment

Sorry I 'm not comprehending very well, if you've seen them you must know where and who showed them to you. Do you work in a snooker accessories shop? Did someone try to sell them to you? Or perhaps it was ACTUALLY just a photo advertising them?, surely it had a name and phone number on.
                If you've got something other than innuendo's please let me know otherwise I will be selling cheddar classic cases in the UK, I might even try http://stores.ebay.co.uk/ADR147-Snoo..pool-Supplies and from the comments I've heard so far the only one I really give any credence to is cueman, I can relate to his feelings having had it happen to me in the past, and as I have previously stated I will be talking to Dave about his situation. If you read this cueman I would be grateful if you could drop me an e-mail with further details
                on the info.chedd.... address from the first thread. I'd much prefer to have definite facts when I do discuss it.
                What do you mean innuendos? Do you really need me to teach you English?

I have seen them in my office, a chap came in with a pair, I think he got them on ebay. They were much lighter than Daves cases. he just wanted some tips replacing was not trying to sell cases. The cases both came with CC cues in apparently - I didn't know Dave had ever made cues so I was pretty sure they were not legit. What is this for example? http://www.cheshirebilliards.co.uk/c...assic_case.php
                https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by billabong View Post
                  I think the only way for crispian to prove his fitness, is to make me a post retirement case.
                  Maybe Dave & Crispian should have a case-off

Comment

There was a website popped up cheddarclassics/Thailand.com for a while but that soon went down, the pictures used were from the original cheddar website, unfortunately these things will always happen, but if Dave did make some cases I'm pretty sure he will have no trouble selling them, in fact I payed £350 for mine near on 15 years back and it was worth every penny

Comment

i had the pleasure of owning the very last case dave made, a harlequin 3/4 long case, i pulled that case apart to look in to the construction methods
                      lol.............
                      Andy Travis cues (Photobucket)
                      Contact. <span style="color:#FF0000">trav2241...ail.com</span>
                      https://www.facebook.com/andy.travis...photosLocation
                      S36 1LB

Comment

There was a website popped up cheddarclassics/Thailand.com for a while but that soon went down, the pictures used were from the original cheddar website, unfortunately these things will always happen, but if Dave did make some cases I'm pretty sure he will have no trouble selling them, in fact I payed £350 for mine near on 15 years back and it was worth every penny
                        350 mark 15 yrs back ??
                        what was in the case lol ?? cocaine ??

Comment

B
                          Yeah ,, he knows a bit about this kind of stuff !! As u see this forum is full of surprises lol !!!

Comment

Kevin, I had the pleasure of owning the very last case Dave made, a harlequin 3/4 long case, I pulled that case apart to look in to the construction methods, through making several hundred cases myself since then I know that 20 hours minimum would be needed to produce cases of the same quality, Dave will be 72 in December so for this reason I come ted, as I know I could not produce 15 cases in a month if I worked 12 hours a day 7 days each week !

Not a patch on yours Crispian! I have had a few and I don't rate them.

Comment

Ok, lets put this to bed once and for all. The cheddar classics name was never sold, Dave has not been selling cases since the closure. I am selling cases made by Dave only' not a platoon of sweatshop workers. Prices will start at £279 + p.p. and upwards. Someone asked that I got a credible person to confirm this wasn't a scam. Crispian has talked/e-mail /facebook whatever with Dave today and is in a position to confirm I am genuine and the cases will be also, and I would like to think you would not question the integrity of such a well respected member of your forum as well as in the snooker accessories business. There it is, if you want a case, contact me on ******************************
                              if you don't want one c'est la vie!
                              Cueman please drop me a line with more details.

Comment

I have indeed talked to Dave today and he has said he will be making cases again himself on a pre ordered basis, I wish him all the best and look forward to seeing his cases again soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X