Ultimate order finally in progress!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by vmax4steve View Post
    Not really, people order the specs they are used to and somehow believe that another one the same will improve their game, doesn't work that way, that's why they end up on ebay.

Try something radically different or put in the hours.
    Agreed, it's when they take the first few shots on their new 2 year wait cue and think yes it looks lovely but it actually plays no different to the cue I've been playing with.

Comment

Well either way they end up on e-bay - who needs a cue worth a grand when you can play just as good or bad as you do now with one that costs a fraction?

Comment

or indeed doesn't play as good,i take my hat off to him the names a killer and a seller + the waiting times people love waiting for something, its like when someone says (my builders coming today or my hairdresser) as if they are on standby for them, its a name thing.i can only think of two players that have won the worlds with a burwatt champion and they were heavily modified! but the name! its a corker!

Comment

Originally Posted by golferson123 View Post
          i can only think of two players that have won the worlds with a burwatt champion and they were heavily modified! but the name! its a corker!
          Alex Higgins and ?

Comment

Alex Higgins and ?
            Ray Reardon
            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
              Well either way they end up on e-bay - who needs a cue worth a grand when you can play just as good or bad as you do now with one that costs a fraction?
              It's the numpties who put the prices up, this ridiculous belief that something is actually worth what someone is prepared to pay. If no one stumps up that sort of money then the prices will inevitably drop, and maybe this 'hand made in the UK' badging of far eastern ready made cues will end, but I doubt it.

Comment

Alex Higgins and ?
                he turned up at the crucible one year with a handful of em, all had a lump of plastic padding on the end, all nice but £250 a pop, too dear in them days

Comment

Originally Posted by bolton-cueman View Post
                  think the shafts only got delivered the other day too...
                  From China ? :biggrin-new:
                  nonchalant sideways action amongst some very ignorant pokes :snooker:

Comment

he turned up at the crucible one year with a handful of em, all had a lump of plastic padding on the end, all nice but £250 a pop, too dear in them days
                    Poor sod kept looking for one that matched the one he won his first WSC title with, never did find it, although he played great with some he just never settled and kept changing.
                    Lesson to be learned for all.

Comment

Originally Posted by Leo
                      Probably just me again but if you ordered let's say a cue off one of the expensive cue makers and you're a couple of years in surely it would make people a bit mad if that cuemaker is doing repairs and taking in more repair, re-splicing, finishing off etc when in theory they could be getting on with the customers cues or do they do this purely on keeping the waiting lists long
                      It's a marketing tactic and it had served him very well. Hats off to him at the end of the day as he's built a very successful business out of it.

Comment

Originally Posted by Leo
                        I don't think it's a silly question but what do people actually do with their ultimates or their TW's or Coutts etc cue they get which came with a 2yr + waiting list, I mean do they automatically dump the cue they've just been practicing with for the last couple of years and then start again with their new cue.
                        It's a good question .
                        Not everyone order a parris cue to play with it . Sum order one Or 2 Or even more for business purposes .
                        To sell it an make sum prft !!
                        especially in China and Far East , u can sell them very fast . especially JP Ultimate .
                        But for Sumone who wants to play snooker , it's a very long waiting time indeed .

Comment

whenever I hear or see the words jp or ultimate I inwardly chuckle,dont people do their homework?. I recently bought an android tv box and spent days researching pros and cons of each make before I bought one, I joined many forums and looked at the posts before I made my mind up. I know its not the same as cues but I found out that more dosh don't mean you get more bang for your bucks

Comment

I think a cue maker (JP Or any other cue maker) have to make sum decisions in these kind of situations. just like Robert Osborne did. these agents in Far East have a major role in those long waiting times imo !!
                            Also would be nice to stop taking orders until he can catch up .

Comment

whenever I hear or see the words jp or ultimate I inwardly chuckle,dont people do their homework?. I recently bought an android tv box and spent days researching pros and cons of each make before I bought one, I joined many forums and looked at the posts before I made my mind up. I know its not the same as cues but I found out that more dosh don't mean you get more bang for your bucks
                              Sorry I did'nt saw this post !!
                              Hope u do'nt mind me asking this . Re u saying that JP cues re poor ?
                              Would u explain Please what u mean by people do thr homework ?
                              Of crs , u do'nt ve to answer if u do'nt want to !

Comment

Dave coutts has stopped taking orders for hand made cues and Trevor white stops taking orders when he's behind also..

Comment

Working...
                                X