• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ken Doherty's Rack Cue

Any ideas to get a cue like his? Exact model! thanks

exact model!
    the point of "rack" means often details are not known :wink:

find any rack cue, of unknown maker, machine-spliced; then send it to Parris for butt alteration (exactly what was changed unknown) then you will probably still not have an exact copy :biggrin:
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

youve asked this many times rein, the internet is a great tool but sometimes the info just aint there.
      if i were you i would have contacted ken directly

Comment

Anyone got a picture of Ken's cue ??

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
          exact model!
          the point of "rack" means often details are not known :wink:

find any rack cue, of unknown maker, machine-spliced; then send it to Parris for butt alteration (exactly what was changed unknown) then you will probably still not have an exact copy :biggrin:
          Yes I think as has been said before I think his cue has had 4 new shafts and 3 new handles!!!

Seriously though rack cues back in the 80's were a lot better quality than you will get in most clubs today. I think Ken's cue was actually a members cue that was left at the club and put in the rack for anyone to use. Ken liked the cue so much he asked the manager if he could buy it and I think he allowed him to have it for £5. It wasn't such a bad cue, machine spliced yes but looks to be an ebony butt and the ash seems pretty good quality to stand the test of time. That's about as much info as you can find on Ken's cue.

Comment

Originally Posted by cueman View Post
            Yes I think as has been said before I think his cue has had 4 new shafts and 3 new handles!!!

Seriously though rack cues back in the 80's were a lot better quality than you will get in most clubs today. I think Ken's cue was actually a members cue that was left at the club and put in the rack for anyone to use. Ken liked the cue so much he asked the manager if he could buy it and I think he allowed him to have it for £5. It wasn't such a bad cue, machine spliced yes but looks to be an ebony butt and the ash seems pretty good quality to stand the test of time. That's about as much info as you can find on Ken's cue.
            yep, that is the legend around this cue, I also have a note that JP did some work on it in the past, think from either a snooker scene article or maybe even on the JP site. ?

Comment

how could I contact Ken directly?

Comment

Originally Posted by Reini0100 View Post
                how could I contact Ken directly?
                he has a twitter account

Comment

but I dont have his twitter adress or name!

Comment

is kendoherty1989@gmail.com his mail adress? regards

Comment

I don't do twitter, google is your friend

Comment

no chance to contact him without knowing his mail adress

Comment

phone pj nolan, he will give you his contact

Comment

he doesnt answer

Comment

Working...
                            X