X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
    i hear you but opinions are normally back with understanding of the topic
    It's true !!
    not agree with handmade part , but i know for sure u know more than me as u make them .
    so, in case i'm wrong , sorry about that . it's just a disgrment.

Comment

Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
      It's true !!
      not agree with handmade part , but i know for sure u know more than me as u make them .
      so, in case i'm wrong , sorry about that . it's just a disgrment.
      well your gessing its handmade cus its got so called hand splices. hands have been used in the process but its not made by hand

Comment

well your gessing its handmade cus its got so called hand splices. hands have been used in the process but its not made by hand
        To be honest that's not it . thr re many cues with a badge ( handmade ) which they re not !
        and i do'nt even know who made this cue , so i've no reasen to back him up here.
        of crs , hands have been used , and shaft could be turned by machien . but that splic work is not machin work IMO.
        Also the feedback of the cue . it's sumthing u can feel ( whether the shft goes to the end or not ). sum players do'nt believe u can do that . I DO .
        anyway, play's great an that's all he needs !!

Comment

Are these shafts not hand made but drum sanded? I thought it was hard to get a lathe big enough or to keep the shaft steady enough to make a one piece, I haven't got a clue so im asking out of curiosity.
          This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
          https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

two things are clear to me

1. no-one can spell machine

and

2. looks good for the money to me

Comment

Originally Posted by Byrom View Post

and

lmao - Correct on both counts!
              https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by Byrom View Post

and

Brilliant love it haaaa haaaa

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                  Are these shafts not hand made but drum sanded? I thought it was hard to get a lathe big enough or to keep the shaft steady enough to make a one piece, I haven't got a clue so im asking out of curiosity.
                  I would guess that is exactly hpw they are done.
                  https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

To be honest that's not it . thr re many cues with a badge ( handmade ) which they re not !
                    and i do'nt even know who made this cue , so i've no reasen to back him up here.
                    of crs , hands have been used , and shaft could be turned by machien . but that splic work is not machin work IMO.
                    Also the feedback of the cue . it's sumthing u can feel ( whether the shft goes to the end or not ). sum players do'nt believe u can do that . I DO .

i know the methods they use and maybe that would come up in another thread anyway, before the gulf gets wider, a yell out to whoevers playing with it plays well. cue looks like it can hit

oh an as for value for money, my cue plays very well for under a tenna
                    Last edited by j6uk; 26 November 2015, 09:28 PM.

Comment

i know the methods they use and maybe that would come up in another thread anyway, before the gulf gets wider, a yell out to whoevers playing with it plays well. cue looks like it can hit

oh an as for value for money, my cue plays very well for under a tenna
                      could be . nice topic for other thread indeed.
                      players with a smal budget , do have a chance to buy a cue an play well with it.
                      so we'r agree on that one .
                      as for ur cue , very nice shaft on that cue ( as i already mantioned it many times ).
                      It's true , u can buy a cue for under a tenna an turn ot in a great player indeed.
                      no matter to me what it cost , as long as plays well an suits ur game lol !!

Comment

It's simply the quality of the shaft Ramon, machine made or not, if you can get an ash shaft with tight, straight grain you're on to a winner. I said before in a previous post that mass producers turn out so many that there are bound to be some real quality shafts amongst them if you're prepared to look.

CNC machine made cues itsnoteasy, buy the timber in huge bulk, therefore very cheap, and you can turn them out by the hundred with no waiting time between the cuts, as in a bespoke hand made one, and afford to throw away the ones that warp. Amongst the mediocre there are bound to be some excellent shafts.

Although the splices look hand spliced due to the rounded tips, the shaft is placed in a jig and planed for the splices by machine and finished off by CNC, although the splices are glued and clamped into place by hand, so you could say manhandled but not hand made or hand spliced; but it doesn't matter, it's the shaft that counts and Ramon's bro has gotten a good one for a very good price, despite the middle man's mark up.

Comment

Cue looks nice, more important your brother likes it and seems extremely happy with it and the price he paid for it.

ADR makes a profit - as he should , everyone is a winner - except for the guys your brother beats on the green baize

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax4steve View Post
                            It's simply the quality of the shaft Ramon, machine made or not, if you can get an ash shaft with tight, straight grain you're on to a winner. I said before in a previous post that mass producers turn out so many that there are bound to be some real quality shafts amongst them if you're prepared to look.

CNC machine made cues itsnoteasy, buy the timber in huge bulk, therefore very cheap, and you can turn them out by the hundred with no waiting time between the cuts, as in a bespoke hand made one, and afford to throw away the ones that warp. Amongst the mediocre there are bound to be some excellent shafts.

Although the splices look hand spliced due to the rounded tips, the shaft is placed in a jig and planed for the splices by machine and finished off by CNC, although the splices are glued and clamped into place by hand, so you could say manhandled but not hand made or hand spliced; but it doesn't matter, it's the shaft that counts and Ramon's bro has gotten a good one for a very good price, despite the middle man's mark up.
                            thanks for info Vmax. honestly cue plays real well. oF crs, qlty of shaft is the main thing. we had so many expensive cues (Thai an UK) an seen so many of them, still, this cue plays mutch better. Sumthing I could'nt believe myself lol !!! so, my compliments for who ever had made this cue !! as for myself, had sum surgery on my right shoulder. Not able to play for nex few months. I go to practice half an hour p week. gonna need a cue around 15 OZ. I just picked up a club cue from the rack (it's about 15 OZ) an payed 15 mark for it , and that's enough for now. That thing plays perfectly. maybe in future search for a new cue if it goes better with my shoulder.

Comment

Originally Posted by mikeyd100 View Post
                              Cue looks nice, more important your brother likes it and seems extremely happy with it and the price he paid for it.

ADR makes a profit - as he should , everyone is a winner - except for the guys your brother beats on the green baize
                              Yeah , until he gonna get a bad game again ( which has nothing to do with the cue ) ,, then we gonna have to call ADR again lol !!!!
                              That kid is crazy !!

Comment

Yeah , until he gonna get a bad game again ( which has nothing to do with the cue ) ,, then we gonna have to call ADR again lol !!!!
                                That kid is crazy !!
                                Haha, well at least he has you looking out for him

Comment

Working...
                                X