Review adr147 snooker cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Review adr147 snooker cue

I see more often that members of this forum (with a budget between 100 and 150) starting a thread here on TSF
    and asking opinion ( advice ) about who they can contact to buy a decent cue , or asking question about diff ranges of cues or cue makers .
    that's one of the reasons why I decided to start this thread.
    my brother finally after weeks sold his playing cue because 2 of spsc of the cue was not made as he wanted
    and asked for it.
    He placed his order for a new one ( I did advice him to contact UK cue makers like Richy, MW, J6 or contact ADR ), but he did'nt as he
    always deals with thai cue makers. anyway, that's gonna be sum waiting time.
    In the the meantime he wanted a cue (no expensive one) just to playing the game until his order is ready.
    I told him , i'm gonna contact Andrew. So i did . Andrew sent me a list with all new and used cues + photo's an spcs.
    I saw the side grain patrn and the taper of this cue and I decided to buy it. Price: 120 gbp.
    As always, Andrew was a great guy to deal with. He answered all my questions. Great customer service.
    we had the cue very fast ( shipped by UPS ) and scure in a plastic tube.
    trackingnumber was mailed to us at the same day.
    THE CUE : I played few shots as i'm not able to play at this time.
    I have seen sum great cues, but without no doubt none of them can be compared to this one.
    never seen such a great feeling and so much power and at the same time, CB control.
    the quality of ash is stunning. the cue is perfectly balanced with a thin taper a t end.
    playing diff shots, stun , scrw back , createing spin with les effort. great oil finish an smoth feeling on the shaft.
    My brother brought the cue to the club. 15 other players had also tried a few shots with this cue and few
    of them wanted to buy it and offerd more money. I know 4 of those players playing with TW and JP cues .
    2 of them offerd my brother to swap .
    As for my brother , He has cancelled his order and gonna stick with this one cus the cue suits his game
    and it's a cue for a life time.
    WHAT IS MY POINT :
    1- sum people do believe you have to buy an expensive cue (if the cue is cheap,
    would be not good enough).
    Also thr are sum people who believe every expensive cue plays poor comperd to cheap one and is not necessarily a great player.
    They are both wrong.
    each cue (wood), has its own character and playblty (regardless of the badge Or the price).
    the main thing is , the spsc of the cue which has to suits ur game.
    A responsief cue with a nice hit and great feeling , is it not what we all looking for ?? so , what does it
    matter who made the cue or where the shaft comes from . ADR ,MW, TW , JP , J6, JO, CJ, praram , .....
    what ever u buy, u re the one who's gonna play with it and if u enjoy playing with that cue and do'nt blame the cue for ur own mistakes, that would be
    more than enoght.
    2-If you have a limited budget (100/150 mark) you can also find a decent cue with great playblty.
    you do not need 1000 mark to play this damn game well.
    just contact sumone experienced and sumone you can trust (IN THIS CASE I WOULD highly RECOMMEND ADR 147 )
    make sure you make up your mind about what you want and make sure you gonna tell him exactly what you wish and
    what you have on ur mind.
    ask his advice (can't hurt, because it's for free). buy the cue and be happy with it an enjoy ur game.
    who knows, maybe you just find the Holy Grail with only 120 mark and NO waiting time as well.
    Here are few photo's of the cue , just in case ur intrested !!
    cheers, Ramon

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

who made this cue?

Comment

Tight, straight grain, just like my cue, it's what a great ash shaft is all about IMO.
      You don't have to spend hundreds and wait four years for one as Ramon has proved.

Comment

Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
        who made this cue?
        To be honest , i did'nt ask that. when i buy a cue , just gonna look at the side grain pattren / taper / B point .
        this one is balanced at 17.5" with a buut lengt of 20". The button does'nt feel heavy an weight distribution is perfect.
        Who ever made this cue ( ADR maybe ?? ) knew damn well what he's doing . that's for sure .

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax4steve View Post
          Tight, straight grain, just like my cue, it's what a great ash shaft is all about IMO.
          You don't have to spend hundreds and wait four years for one as Ramon has proved.
          yeah, it's my opinion as well vmax . specialy if you do'nt get the chance to try it.
          Quality ash used in this cue is top . maybe we wr Lucky ?
          It's a great player .

Comment

who made this cue?
            It was made for me in taiwan, I could not even pretend to pronounce the chaps name but he is very helpful and knows how to make a cue.
            https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Very nice write up Ramon, I buy quite a few low end cues, just because I'm still looking for my favourite specs, and I have had some really nice ones and play with a bottom of the range TP cue, which although only £90 to buy was up near 150-60 by the time I got it, that has been my most expensive cue by quite a margin and did play with a forty pound grand cue for a while which appart from the finish was really really well made and was real ebony which surprised me.
              This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
              https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                It was made for me in taiwan, I could not even pretend to pronounce the chaps name but he is very helpful and knows how to make a cue.
                iv seen many from there, their mashines do turn them out. some of the first cues i practiced on were from taiwan. the distributer let me look through a whole box, took me an hour. i picked out about 9 an he gave them to me at cost price, 7usd a piece or 4 quid each.
                looks like yours are on a another level though..
                i know a country champion in europe whos doing the same thing as you an badging taiwanese cues, they do the whole lot even bput his signature on them as well, bit ott but thats snooker players for ya

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                  Very nice write up Ramon, I buy quite a few low end cues, just because I'm still looking for my favourite specs, and I have had some really nice ones and play with a bottom of the range TP cue, which although only £90 to buy was up near 150-60 by the time I got it, that has been my most expensive cue by quite a margin and did play with a forty pound grand cue for a while which appart from the finish was really really well made and was real ebony which surprised me.

I've got another Grand Emperor coming, with a snakewood splice. I've paid £65 delivered in the xmas sale. It's hard to imagine I'm not going to get decent value out of it. My other two grands are well worth that. That will be ten one pieces that I've bought since July. Must. Stop. There.

Comment

iv seen many from there, their mashines do turn them out. some of the first cues i practiced on were from taiwan. the distributer let me look through a whole box, took me an hour. i picked out about 9 an he gave them to me at cost price, 7usd a piece or 4 quid each.
                    i know a country champion in europe whos doing the same thing as you an badging taiwanese cues, they do the whole lot even bput his signature on them as well, bit ott but thats snooker players for ya
                    these are actually made of ebony etc so no they are not £4 each, that would be nice! These are the first cues I have seen from Taiwan or China that compare to thailand or UK cues.

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                      these are actually made of ebony etc so no they are not £4 each, that would be nice! These are the first cues I have seen from Taiwan or China that compare to thailand or UK cues.
                      this was a few years back an by the looks of things they know what there doing now, not easy to compete with that.. their really softening all us lont up for the kill, to busy looking at screens to notice

Comment

this was a few years back an by the looks of things they know what there doing now, not easy to compete with that.. their really softening all us lont up for the kill, to busy looking at screens to notice
                        you might be close to the truth.

Comment

I do'nt know about that. does'nt realy matter as sum of mashines made cues re playing mutch better comperd to handmade one !!
                          as for this cue , you can feel the feedback an i would say the shaft goes all the way to the end of button and this cue is handmade IMO .
                          to be honest , I doubt there is any machine in the world which can make that kind of taper ! ( of crs , that's just my opinion ).

Comment

Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
                            I do'nt know about that. does'nt realy matter as sum of mashines made cues re playing mutch better comperd to handmade one !!
                            i know, i have one
                            as for this cue , you can feel the feedback an i would say the shaft goes all the way to the end of button and this cue is handmade IMO .
                            sorry man but its not handmade
                            to be honest , I doubt there is any machine in the world which can make that kind of taper !
                            ho yes there are
                            ( of crs , that's just my opinion ).
                            i hear you but opinions are normally back with understanding of the topic

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                              thanks, yeah , it's ur arm who's doing the job , not the cue my friend.
                              as long as the cue ( spsc ) suits ur game , it's all u need to play this game.

Comment

Working...
                              X