Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long is the longest cue on snooker tables?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long is the longest cue on snooker tables?

The cues that are sat on both sides of the table that we use for those long shots, how long are they?

I'm trying to decide if I should get the 9-13" telescopic extension to go on my 58" cue or the 20-34" one? Hoping to not use those cheap nasty bouncy cues again if I can help it?
    Last edited by Danger Mouse; 8 February 2016, 10:24 PM.
    GBL C8 1pc | 58" 18oz 9.5mm 29.9mm BP=17" | Ash Shaft + Burrwood, Lacewood, Ebony Splices | Buffalo Diamond Plus Tip

here are some information about long rests and the length .
    i hope this help !

http://www.mastersgames.com/cat/bill...ts-spiders.htm

Comment

you said , those cues sat on both sides of the table .
      Sorry, about my prvs post . wrong info.
      My apologies.

Comment

Originally Posted by Danger Mouse View Post
        The cues that are sat on both sides of the table that we use for those long shots, how long are they?

I'm trying to decide if I should get the 9-13" telescopic extension to go on my 58" cue or the 20-34" one? Hoping to not use those cheap nasty bouncy cues again if I can help it?
        Standard just to buy mini butt and long extension and make sure your case can take them as well mate.

Comment

I think you had the right idea, the long cues with the long rests that you need for difficult long shots when your own cue is too short?
          GBL C8 1pc | 58" 18oz 9.5mm 29.9mm BP=17" | Ash Shaft + Burrwood, Lacewood, Ebony Splices | Buffalo Diamond Plus Tip

Comment

Originally Posted by markz View Post
            Standard just to buy mini butt and long extension and make sure your case can take them as well mate.
            I meant to say I'm buying a 6" mini butt, so you're saying to get the 20-34" extension as well?

Comment

Yes .......

Comment

I meant to say I'm buying a 6" mini butt, so you're saying to get the 20-34" extension as well?
                No idea the dimensions, it's just known as standard extension, the longer one. Basic kit when you start out. Buy from wherever you are getting cue from.

Comment

Thanks, just didn't know what the best extension was to get, as there are 2 in addition to the mini butt, so I'll just get the larger of the 2 then.

Thanks for your help chaps

Comment

Thanks, just didn't know what the best extension was to get, as there are 2 in addition to the mini butt, so I'll just get the larger of the 2 then.

Thanks for your help chaps
                    No worries DM. Looking forward to you getting your new gear and playing. That's when the trouble really starts lol

Comment

No worries DM. Looking forward to you getting your new gear and playing. That's when the trouble really starts lol
                      Lol, you're right, I better not stink at snooker now had I

And I'm determined to not get bitten by the 'I need a new cue every 2 weeks' bug as well! :distracted: :snooker:

Comment

Lol, you're right, I better not stink at snooker now had I

And I'm determined to not get bitten by the 'I need a new cue every 2 weeks' bug as well! :distracted: :snooker:
                        2 weeks? Will take you a month to decide on a new tip lol

Comment

2 weeks? Will take you a month to decide on a new tip lol
                          Haa haa, don't you start as well!

Actually, the tip was the easy bit for me for some reason, though that may change when I start using it lol

Comment

Haa haa, don't you start as well!

Actually, the tip was the easy bit for me for some reason, though that may change when I start using it lol
                            So what are you ordering then? Get it done before you have second thoughts lol

Comment

So what are you ordering then? Get it done before you have second thoughts lol
                              Well, assuming nothing changes before I speak to Stu tomorrow at GBL, I'm going for the GBL C8 1pc, cue no.10 on his website, he had a play with it today for me and said it's a better cue than the Niche Ultimate I was looking at and this has a 9.5mm tip, so no messing about with it etc...

Comment

Working...
                              X