Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Britannia cues!!!! Anyone got any information about these cues?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Britannia cues!!!! Anyone got any information about these cues?

Looking at the Britannia cues but would love to know where they are made, who makes them, are they a good cue? any experience with the cues?

Finding Britannia cues in the majority of decent snooker cue websites as a good budget hand spliced cue.

Would love to know some info and history and why they havent got a offical britannia website.

Thanks George. Would really appreciate some answers about these cues.

ADR147 on here pal, sure he sells a few from the range, he will help you out about them.
    This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
    https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

the trouble is they do a wide range the top cues are usually called steels and they are very good but the cheap stuff is very cheap.
      https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

ADR147 Are you selling any britannia cues from the pro range 1 piece? Iv seen your selling some 3/4 britannia cues on your ebay store. Would also love to know where these cues are made and who makes them. There's no website or information online so far i can see, but the majority of decent snooker stores sell them. The Britannia pro range I'm really interested in because their hand spliced apparently grade A ash and the cost is around £100 mark.

Comment

Originally Posted by powney View Post
          ADR147 Are you selling any britannia cues from the pro range 1 piece? Iv seen your selling some 3/4 britannia cues on your ebay store. Would also love to know where these cues are made and who makes them. There's no website or information online so far i can see, but the majority of decent snooker stores sell them. The Britannia pro range I'm really interested in because their hand spliced apparently grade A ash and the cost is around £100 mark.
          I suspect they are made in different places, the best ones are made by the same people who make predator pool cues I think.

Comment

Ive bought a few of the top range from adr, great cues at great price

Comment

Originally Posted by jaffa.johnson View Post
              Ive bought a few of the top range from adr, great cues at great price
              I have a couple of their one off ones here they cost me £120 i think so I guess retails at about £195 in general - I will take some pics in a bit.

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                I have a couple of their one off ones here they cost me £120 i think so I guess retails at about £195 in general - I will take some pics in a bit.
                Yeah I would appreciate that

Comment

Britannia are Chinese made cues for a sure.

Comment

Originally Posted by mchpddl1 View Post
                    Are you sure about this ?
                    This one is new to me .

Comment

Originally Posted by mchpddl1 View Post
                      some are some are thai i think. They are not UK cues anyway!

Comment

Yeah iv been to see some at Sam leisure and was confirmed China and Thai I think. Look like nice cues but the tip size he stocked was 6-7.5 was a bit shocked how small that looks when cueing. Plus abit put of about the Chinese and Thai cues. Rather trust a English maker

Comment

Yeah iv been to see some at Sam leisure and was confirmed China and Thai I think. Look like nice cues but the tip size he stocked was 6-7.5 was a bit shocked how small that looks when cueing. Plus abit put of about the Chinese and Thai cues. Rather trust a English maker
                          Thai cues are very good, which English maker you thinking about?

Comment

Currently looking for a decent cue, not to bothered about the aesthetics of splicing but I would like a cue from a decent reputable name. Theres allot of English cue makers I keep seeing posted on the forums so I'm just waiting for someone to be selling one at a reasonable price. Been on eBay and have seen some but I would like to try before I buy. So that's the only downfall if there too far away from me, (Leicestershire).

Comment

Currently looking for a decent cue, not to bothered about the aesthetics of splicing but I would like a cue from a decent reputable name. Theres allot of English cue makers I keep seeing posted on the forums so I'm just waiting for someone to be selling one at a reasonable price. Been on eBay and have seen some but I would like to try before I buy. So that's the only downfall if there too far away from me, (Leicestershire).
                              I have a few unbadged James Butters cues that I might be prepared to let go. I wouldn't sell them and post them, it's not worth the hassle...I'd rather keep them. Given that you are close (I live on the A46 side of Nottingham, and work in Glenfield), I might be prepared to meet you for a frame or two, and you could have a go see if you fancied any of them.

Two that are a touch long for me (which gives me transportation trouble....the cases I like only take 58"). Although they have an ongoing value to me for playing at home.

ebony_mexican_rosewood_red.jpgHand spliced ebony butt, with Mexican rosewood splice and green veneer. SD socket. Medium Stiff Ash, length 58.25", tip 9.8mm, Butt diameter 29.5mm, Weight 18.2oz, Balance point 17.25". Just my least favourite one piece. Not terrifically fond of the look. I'd let it go for £120.

2016_June_JB04_red.jpgHand spliced ebony, purpleheart, ebony, stripey ebony butt, with Mexican rosewood and tulipwood splices and thick maple veneers between all splices. SD socket. Medium Stiff Ash, length 58.25", tip 9.7mm, Butt diameter 29.5mm, Weight 17.6oz, Balance point 17". I prefer a simpler splice pattern, and this is the one that doesn't really sit well with my collection in that regard. It's a nice cue though. £180.

...and then this one. I could let you have a look at, but if this was the one you fancied I'm not sure I could actually let it go.

ebony_quilted_maple_red.jpgHand spliced ebony butt, with quilted maple splice and thick maple veneer. SD socket. Medium to Stiff Ash, length 58", tip 9.7mm, butt 29mm, weight 18.5oz, balance point 17.25". I'd be more conflicted about this one, because I like the look, and I do play with it.

If you are interested in having a go, then let me know.

Comment

Working...
                              X