Tiger Cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tiger Cue

Hi anyone using a tiger cue,what do you think of it iam thinking of getting one,any info would be much appreciate ... thanks

Originally Posted by presto55 View Post
    Hi anyone using a tiger cue,what do you think of it iam thinking of getting one,any info would be much appreciate ... thanks
    Have a look at this thread, someone reviewed them a while ago.

http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...ight=Tiger+cue

Comment

I bought. One more about 2 months ago but i went and picked one out of around 200 cues i picked a maple 1 piece. Its a solid cue all the splicing is nice all the points are even. Genuine ebony for the money can't go far wrong some of the ash shafts dont have the best grain and where a bit to flex for my liking but i do like a very stiff shaft on my cues they do put a wax finish on the butts its not laqure or varnish. The joints on the 3q where all nice and flush and the ferruls where well fitted to.

Comment

cheers pal .

Comment

re badged Grand cue from China - even comes in the same plastic tube - good value though

Comment

I bought a Tiger cue a couple of days ago. It was useful to see the balance points as I am looking for a forward balanced cue as I hold the cue high up the butt. It is 58", 17.3oz, 9.2mm tip, bp 19.5", 1 piece. I am planning to have it cut down to 56 or 55 inches. It looks nice, I'm looking forward to receiving it.

Comment

I have a tiger cue in maple,full set exts and case,£120 posted.

Comment

I received the cue today. Unfortunately the balance point was different to as advertised, by 3 and a half inches. I have to say I'm not very happy. They offer refunds but I'll have to pay for postage and package it back up.

Comment

And its not genuine ebony.

Comment

I don't know about that, I wouldn't be able to tell without scratching at it, and I need a refund.

If you're going to go to the trouble of putting up balance points on your site, at least get them right. This is going to cost me £12 postage to send it back. I don't like to rant, but I had high hopes about the cue. I wouldn't have minded if the balance point had been out by half an inch, but 3.5 inches!

Comment

I've just read your previous post about that, so it's a fake ebony, corion, then! What's more the shaft is very very whippy. I guess you get what you pay for, think I'm just going to fork out and go with a top cuemaker like Glover or Johnathan Lonergan.

Comment

Originally Posted by jamesg19851 View Post
                        I've just read your previous post about that, so it's a fake ebony, corion, then! What's more the shaft is very very whippy. I guess you get what you pay for, think I'm just going to fork out and go with a top cuemaker like Glover or Johnathan Lonergan.
                        Think you will be lucky to find a cue that forward balanced. Only one I've had that was more forward than other cues was a two piece half split peradon cue. Would be easier just to get standard balance point and work with it till you are used to it. It's more about the players game than cue specs at club level.

Comment

Originally Posted by jamesg19851 View Post
                          I received the cue today. Unfortunately the balance point was different to as advertised, by 3 and a half inches. I have to say I'm not very happy. They offer refunds but I'll have to pay for postage and package it back up.
                          So the request for the B.P. at 19.5".

Did it come out at 16", or 23" ?

Why buy it at 58" then cut 1-2" off it ( do they only supply 58" cues ) ?

Are you taking the length from the tip or the butt ?

Comment

Originally Posted by billabong View Post

The specs were 58", with a 19.5" balance point. I received the cue, I haven't made any alterations, and the balance point is different by 3.5". I was planning to have the cue cut by 3 inches, if the cue was according to the specs, it would have been done by a local cue maker, from the tip and retapered.

Comment

Originally Posted by billabong View Post

Did it come out at 16", or 23" ?

Why buy it at 58" then cut 1-2" off it ( do they only supply 58" cues ) ?

Sorry, I see what you mean, it came out at 16" balance point. It's hard to find a cue with such a high balance point which is why I bought it. I was going to have it cut from the tip end and retapered. Even with a 55" cue I'd prefer a high balance point as I hold the cue 5 to 6 inches from the butt.

Comment

Working...
                              X