2nd attempt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Catch 22 View Post
    It's spliced that way because of the design . I wanted the maple veneers on the side splices .

If I'm making a plain black butt I usually do the front and back splices first and then the sides . If I'm going to add lower decorative splices then I would do the sides first and then front and back . Just depends on the look
    It's very smart, I like the veneers giving those lines down the front of the cue.
    I always thought plain cues were done sides first, then front and back so you don't have joint lines on the front face.
    This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
    https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
      It's very smart, I like the veneers giving those lines down the front of the cue.
      I always thought plain cues were done sides first, then front and back so you don't have joint lines on the front face.
      Either way would work fine . I just like doing the front splice first . But if doing veneers or decorative lower splices then yeah , sides first so it looks better IMO

I also prefer doing the front splice first if doing a single front decorative lower splice . So the main splice lines are on the top and then the lower deco splice goes over the top of them . That allows the lower splice to be glued over 3 different parts of wood instead of one (if that makes sense ) . Not that it makes any difference ...it just "feels " right to me lol

Comment

Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
        Looks very nice !!
        Thanks mate

Comment

Originally Posted by Catch 22 View Post
          Either way would work fine . I just like doing the front splice first . But if doing veneers or decorative lower splices then yeah , sides first so it looks better IMO

I also prefer doing the front splice first if doing a single front decorative lower splice . So the main splice lines are on the top and then the lower deco splice goes over the top of them . That allows the lower splice to be glued over 3 different parts of wood instead of one (if that makes sense ) . Not that it makes any difference ...it just "feels " right to me lol
          Cheers Catch, it's all very interesting seeing how folk go about it. Do you like it across three different parts as it kinds of ties it all together? You certainly have picked it up very quickly, full credit to you!
          This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
          https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
            Cheers Catch, it's all very interesting seeing how folk go about it. Do you like it across three different parts as it kinds of ties it all together? You certainly have picked it up very quickly, full credit to you!
            Yeah exactly ....in reality it doesn't matter I don't think . But in my mind going across the 3 just feels right for that reason .

No all that quickly TBH took a couple of years before I made one I was happy with and this is only my second that I'm happy with .

I've got others here that are basically junk as they are not up to my liking (tips of splices not fully in line etc .)

It's been a couple of years and more money than I'd care to admit on failed attempts while learning etc .

No intention of making money from this . Just enjoying the process . However I've got a few people wanting one locally that the hobby will pay for its self for a while to come as I'm only looking to make a handful per year . 5 probably

Comment

ignore ....just testing an image hosting site since photobucket started charging

Comment

Working...
              X