New Cue for approx £85-£125

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Cue for approx £85-£125

Looking for a new cue within this price range, standard length, 9.5mm tip, medium weight.

Would there be much difference between a machine and hand spliced cue within this price range?

Quite a big difference depending on whether you want brand new or 2nd hand, you'll get a decent machine spliced master cue or Phoenix cue in that budget brand new, but could get a hand spliced second hand cue from one of the more well known brands for similar money.
    Machine spliced cues are getting harder to find as it's just as easy for them to knock them out on machines with the hand spliced look these days, it makes no difference to how the cue plays at the end of the day.
    I'm sure you'll get a few offers but if not pm ADR147, he's got some nice looking Thai cues at the top end of your budget in plain ebony.
    No one is listening until you make a mistake!

Comment

Originally Posted by culraven View Post
      Quite a big difference depending on whether you want brand new or 2nd hand, you'll get a decent machine spliced master cue or Phoenix cue in that budget brand new, but could get a hand spliced second hand cue from one of the more well known brands for similar money.
      Machine spliced cues are getting harder to find as it's just as easy for them to knock them out on machines with the hand spliced look these days, it makes no difference to how the cue plays at the end of the day.
      I'm sure you'll get a few offers but if not pm ADR147, he's got some nice looking Thai cues at the top end of your budget in plain ebony.
      Ideally brand new as I know what condition it will be in. I've seen a master cue classic but the tip is 9mm which is kind of putting me off it. I've only used 9.5mm, will this change be too drastic?

Comment

Originally Posted by Rob Raine View Post
        Ideally brand new as I know what condition it will be in. I've seen a master cue classic but the tip is 9mm which is kind of putting me off it. I've only used 9.5mm, will this change be too drastic?
        yes 9.25 would be ok maybe but 9mm is small.
        https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

What's considered to be better MasterCue or Niche?

Comment

Working...
          X