Craftsman cues !!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Craftsman cues !!!!

About 8 years I got a cue from craftsman one of their own range nice cue not a bad price ..... So I thought !!! Playing a few weeks ago it started making a hollow tinny sound thought it was the tip changed it same sound so I stopped using it until last night and I discovered quite quickly what was the hollow sound !!! One of the splices on the joint fell off ! And on inspection of the shaft that is shocking too there is a piece of ash just glued onto the bottom of the shaft as if the shaft was too short so they thought il just glue this there no one will know ! Rang them today and the attitude was not the best and was first told it's not their problem as they only offer a 6 month cover on any cue they sell and that the cue I had isn't even one of their builds they just bought them in and stuck their own badge on it ! And that it's only a cheap cue anyway ? £180 I paid 8 years ago ok it's no parris or Trevor white but £180 is a fair chunk of money I'd say !!! I have pictures of the cue and will upload them if anyone wants to see them but my advice is stay away from craftsman cues ..... Iv now orders an Andy travis instead

Yes pictures would be good - Not sure why you'd expect them to do owt about an 8 year old cue though?
    It's probably a £10 job to have it glued back up - if it potted balls before it isn't going to stop just because you've seen a bit of wood glued on to it.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Old cue collector --
    Cue Sales: http://oldcues.co.uk/index.php?id=for_sale_specials
    (yes I know they're not cheap, I didn't intend them to be!..)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Trevor white did the joint on my other cue that's 12 years old ? Il try and load pictures now

Comment

Can't get them on here I'm not the best with computer stuff lol

Comment

Originally Posted by dreamboy300 View Post
          About 8 years I got a cue from craftsman one of their own range nice cue not a bad price ..... So I thought !!! Playing a few weeks ago it started making a hollow tinny sound thought it was the tip changed it same sound so I stopped using it until last night and I discovered quite quickly what was the hollow sound !!! One of the splices on the joint fell off ! And on inspection of the shaft that is shocking too there is a piece of ash just glued onto the bottom of the shaft as if the shaft was too short so they thought il just glue this there no one will know ! Rang them today and the attitude was not the best and was first told it's not their problem as they only offer a 6 month cover on any cue they sell and that the cue I had isn't even one of their builds they just bought them in and stuck their own badge on it ! And that it's only a cheap cue anyway ? £180 I paid 8 years ago ok it's no parris or Trevor white but £180 is a fair chunk of money I'd say !!! I have pictures of the cue and will upload them if anyone wants to see them but my advice is stay away from craftsman cues ..... Iv now orders an Andy travis instead
          tell me anything you bought from 8 years ago that you expect to take back lol,

Comment

Originally Posted by golferson123 View Post
            tell me anything you bought from 8 years ago that you expect to take back lol,
            I'm kind of with him on this one, if the build quality has caused the defect then they should put it right! I've got cues 80 years old that are still as solid as the day they were made, and decent quality furniture comes with a lifetime warranty, so why shouldn't a cue, so long as the failing is down to the original design of the cue?
            No one is listening until you make a mistake!

Comment

That's my complaint I don't or didn't want a new cue just to have it fixed at no cost to me as it is I'd have to pay postage there and back and pay for the fix but with the bodge on the shaft I no longer want the cue and because of the bodge and putting their name on cues they didn't make I'd never get one from there now if anyone wants pictures give me your email il mail you them

Comment

Quality furniture isn't glued together. If the splice didn't fall off when new, then it was glued on fine.
                What's affects glue? Knocks, heat, moisture? Who know but none of those are a cue makers fault - they've had absolutely no say in what's been done with it for the past 8 years!
                ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Old cue collector --
                Cue Sales: http://oldcues.co.uk/index.php?id=for_sale_specials
                (yes I know they're not cheap, I didn't intend them to be!..)
                ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

You can see where this splice has come off there is not enough glue you can clearly see a bout 50% of the splice has no glue on it

Comment

Could you tell us what model it was? They've said that it wasn't their build and that's probably because it was from the imported range they used to have available. I think they were called the classic range brought in from Thailand.
                    Tear up that manure-fed astroturf!

Comment

It's a classic mate

Comment

Originally Posted by perpetualboredom View Post
                        Quality furniture isn't glued together. If the splice didn't fall off when new, then it was glued on fine.
                        What's affects glue? Knocks, heat, moisture? Who know but none of those are a cue makers fault - they've had absolutely no say in what's been done with it for the past 8 years!
                        it also impacts against something all the time!
                        https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Mcdermott offer lifetime guarantee and them buggers crack em a damn site harder than us guys?

Comment

Originally Posted by perpetualboredom View Post
                            I agree completely, but from what he is telling us the build quality led to the failing, no pictures but the description is of a bodged extra bit of wood that with continuous impact would eventually lead to the splices being pushed out?
                            If they choose to badge inferior products as their own then they should guarantee its quality at least?

Comment

Originally Posted by culraven View Post
                              Mcdermott offer lifetime guarantee and them buggers crack em a damn site harder than us guys?
                              they are junk compared with even the basic hand made snooker cue.
                              https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Working...
                              X