chin stubble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chin stubble

Hi, I have 2 cues one is laminated I think but it slides smoothly no matter how much facial hair I have.

I just took delivery of a james butters oiled cue.

Just stroking the cue its pulling my chin hair in the grain.

Is there a way of stopping this? Another oiling, waxing, sand it down more and refinish??

Have a shave
    Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

I think ash will always pull a bit of hair, maple tends not to because of lack of grain.
      Maquire stated once he had problems with an ash cue pulling his stubble. I think Dott has used plasters on his chin too.

Then again as Neil said... you could have a shave haha

Comment

I think the Dott chin plaster was due to he had his chin really on the cue and had friction burns - not hair pulling
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
          I think the Dott chin plaster was due to he had his chin really on the cue and had friction burns - not hair pulling
          Oh right I see, I used to put a plaster on my bridge hand for the same reason many years ago.

Comment

They are both ash cues one pulls the other doesn't.

I could shave but I get shaving rash if shave too often, once every 8 days for me.

The other cue doesn't pull at all and is nice and smooth regardless of growth

Comment

Originally Posted by rdp50734 View Post
              They are both ash cues one pulls the other doesn't.

I could shave but I get shaving rash if shave too often, once every 8 days for me.

The other cue doesn't pull at all and is nice and smooth regardless of growth
              I actually do have a thinnish goatey beard and have found that with an oiled cue it doesnt pull.
              It did with a really old cue I used when first started playing.

Comment

I had an ash cue that grabbed the hairs out of my chin, but only on the straight grain side, do you cue with the arrows facing up?

Comment

I have just tried it, with the flat in the palm (usual grip) there is a tight section of grain running straight the length of the cue. This does catch.

However if I turn the cue so that the flat is opposite the palm there is a large chevron pointing back at me and that is a lot better!

So, ill have to hold the cue a different way, ill put some pics on tomorrow just on my way to work now.

Would a wax fill/minimise the gap between the grain and reduce the snagging?

Maybe more layers of oil?

Comment

chin stubble

so sore when that happens

Comment

You can fill the grain so it doesn't happen as much, unfortunately the finish on butters cues is notoriously sub standard, best to buy from Andy G on here who refinishes them beautifully. If you feel confident try Aurora grain filler.
                      No one is listening until you make a mistake!

Comment

Wax your chin and leave it to dry overnight, then repeat a few more times and Bobs your uncle
                        It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

I took my beard back to stubble today, just cued up a couple of times and I want my beard back, what a horrible noise/feeling.

Comment

chin stubble

I find It throws your concentration when it happens

Comment

Nice to know I wasn't the only one who encountered this! I found that after years of having my cue, it seems to have stopped for some reason even though my shaving habits haven't improved. Not exactly a short term solution though lol

Comment

Working...
                              X