Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it Possible to Increase Length of the Cue

Hi,

I have a 54" 3/4 Jointed Maple Snooker Cue.

I was wondering if there is a way to increase the length (To 56") of the cue through the back of the butt.

The back of the butt does not have a socket for extension.

Thanks
    Last edited by arjunbagga; 18 May 2016, 06:03 AM.

Originally Posted by arjunbagga View Post
    Hi,

I have a 54" 3/4 Jointed Maple Snooker Cue.

I was wondering if there is a way to increase the length (To 56") of the cue through the back of the butt.

The back of the butt does not have a socket for extension.

Thanks
    Yes.

Note that it will more than likely change the balance point.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Thanks...

I can try and give it a shot

Comment

2 ways, add an inch at the joint, which generally looks messy and I wouldn't advise, or resplice the butt. By resplicing and taking away harder wood and replacing with lighter it shouldn't affect the balance point either.
        No one is listening until you make a mistake!

Comment

Thanks Culraven

Comment

Andy Hunter says that providing the joint is on the splices then you can resplice the butt

Comment

3rd choice is new longer butt.

Comment

Originally Posted by culraven View Post
                2 ways, add an inch at the joint, which generally looks messy and I wouldn't advise, or resplice the butt. By resplicing and taking away harder wood and replacing with lighter it shouldn't affect the balance point either.
                No reason for this to look messy if it's done properly. It'll cost a fraction of resplicing and can be easily reverted too.
                ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Old cue collector --
                Cue Sales: http://oldcues.co.uk/index.php?id=for_sale_specials
                (yes I know they're not cheap, I didn't intend them to be!..)
                ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally Posted by jaffa.johnson View Post
                  3rd choice is new longer butt.
                  tis the only sensible choice!
                  https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Depending upon the make of your cue you can buy inserts that screw into the joint to increase length.

Comment

its a straight forward job to lengthen a cue by an inch or two. the balance would move a little but that would be in keeping to the length extended. the main thing that changes is the vibe/response and weight, though that could be for the better

-
                      Last edited by j6uk; 18 May 2016, 07:38 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
                        its a straight forward job to lengthen a cue by an inch or two. the balance would move a little but that would be in keeping to the length extended. the main thing that changes is the vibe/response and weight, though that could be for the better

-
                        Yep, it don't need four splices either, just a one inch single wedge of ebony/whatever the butt is made from between the splices and the butt. Some PVA and boom, it's time to go champ.

Comment

Working...
                        X