My workshop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by vmax View Post
    My latest guitar kit, a Les Paul senior, only a single bridge pick up like the more well known Les Paul junior but unlike the junior it has a carved top like a standard. Not the best quality kit to be fair but I did my best with it. Had to make a scratch plate myself, glued neck, wrap around bridge, bought a brass adjustable nut to replace the plastic one it came with, neck has splashes of glue on the fingerboard so I'm giving to my mate to set the intonation, string height and overall finish on the neck, something he's good at as he's a guitar nerd.
    Cool! Although it appears the string spacing at the nut is a bit off, and the high E being closer to the fret edges ? Or maybe it's temporary in the pics
    Built myself a '65 strat copy a month ago, in sonic blue, lefty.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Frankthered View Post
      What you've done to that Britannia cue looks really cool. I saw it on ebay today and am really struggling to not buy it! How does it play? The other problem is that I also really like the look of the J Ashcroft and don't get me started on the pearwood - they're a bit pricey for me at the moment though!
      I haven't tried the black ash, it's too light and too short for me, the Ashcroft plays great and if it was longer I'd use it myself as I like a bigger tip. The pearwood cues are priced as they are because the wood is so expensive and I need to allow for ebay's cut which is considerable, a private deal on the forum outside of ebay would make them cheaper. When you've got ten posts pm me if you're still interested.
      Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
      but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

• Originally Posted by strobbekoen View Post

Cool! Although it appears the string spacing at the nut is a bit off, and the high E being closer to the fret edges ? Or maybe it's temporary in the pics
        Built myself a '65 strat copy a month ago, in sonic blue, lefty.
        Nut isn't actually fixed in that pic, it's a brass nut with individual adjustable risers and you can see that some strings aren't lying in the slots, truss rod cover isn't fixed either (no screws). I gave to my mate to fix the nut and set the string height, intonation etc as he's a guitar nerd and very anal about the neck.
        Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
        but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

• Originally Posted by Frankthered View Post
          What you've done to that Britannia cue looks really cool. I saw it on ebay today and am really struggling to not buy it! How does it play? The other problem is that I also really like the look of the J Ashcroft and don't get me started on the pearwood - they're a bit pricey for me at the moment though!
          On all my ebay listings I clearly state ' don't message me with offers or asking for alterations as all such messages will be ignored, if the cue doesn't suit you then buy one that does '

The J. Ashcroft sold yesterday and the buyer then messages me after he's bought it asking me to take it down to 9.5mm tip, it's an 11mm tip as mentioned in the description. He messaged me before on the listing of one of my pearwood cues, that all have 10mm tips, asking me if the difference from 9.5mm is a big jump, I said very little difference between 9.5 and 10 so then he goes and buys the 11mm Ashcroft

I said no to the alteration as the cue was weighted and balanced to suit the cue as it is and I wasn't party to doing work that I wouldn't be paid for, also he could cancel the sale if he wanted, heard nothing back so posted it this morning.
          The customer is always right or you get what you pay for ?

Comment

• Sold the brittania black ash on ebay last week, got a message from the buyer that it arrived bent and damaged (shaft) so I asked for pictures of the damaged shaft and the plastic tube it was sent in in order to claim from Yodel as it was insured. He told me he was ill at the moment and would send pics later. I asked if the tube was in any way damaged or whether the shaft had come out of the tube and been damaged that way, he said no damage to the tube and package was intact when it arrived.
            Now I'm not a physics major but I can't see how a perfectly straight shaft can get bent and damaged while securely retained in a plastic tube that remains undamaged in transit

Received a message from him today that he's given it to a cue shop near him that will attempt a repair, if not successful then he'll put it down to experience and not send it back.
            What do members think ? was he trying it on ? I state on my listings 'no returns' unless of course it gets damaged in transit which is always covered by insurance. I sent another cue the same week through Yodel and it arrived OK, buyer was pleased.
            I did have to accept a return once before as the ferrule as measured by the buyer was 0.1 of a millimeter out from my description in the listing, I think he squeezed the calipers just hard enough for that to happen, ebay took his side so I gave him no feedback.

Comment

Sold the brittania black ash on ebay last week, got a message from the buyer that it arrived bent and damaged (shaft) so I asked for pictures of the damaged shaft and the plastic tube it was sent in in order to claim from Yodel as it was insured. He told me he was ill at the moment and would send pics later. I asked if the tube was in any way damaged or whether the shaft had come out of the tube and been damaged that way, he said no damage to the tube and package was intact when it arrived.
              Now I'm not a physics major but I can't see how a perfectly straight shaft can get bent and damaged while securely retained in a plastic tube that remains undamaged in transit

Received a message from him today that he's given it to a cue shop near him that will attempt a repair, if not successful then he'll put it down to experience and not send it back.
              What do members think ? was he trying it on ? I state on my listings 'no returns' unless of course it gets damaged in transit which is always covered by insurance. I sent another cue the same week through Yodel and it arrived OK, buyer was pleased.
              I did have to accept a return once before as the ferrule as measured by the buyer was 0.1 of a millimeter out from my description in the listing, I think he squeezed the calipers just hard enough for that to happen, ebay took his side so I gave him no feedback.

I think the recipient is trying it on.
              Any legit person would have pictures to back up their story.
              You could ask him for the "repair" shop to send pictures.
              I bet you dont hear any more from this person and of course you have put him on your naughty list
              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Sold the brittania black ash on ebay last week, got a message from the buyer that it arrived bent and damaged (shaft) so I asked for pictures of the damaged shaft and the plastic tube it was sent in in order to claim from Yodel as it was insured. He told me he was ill at the moment and would send pics later. I asked if the tube was in any way damaged or whether the shaft had come out of the tube and been damaged that way, he said no damage to the tube and package was intact when it arrived.

Trying it on. Was probably angling for a partial refund.

Comment

• Definitely trying it on. Any legit damage would be photographed on arrival with immediate effect to prove the timing of damage and evidence it. It's the first thing any genuine person would do.
                  ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• He wasn't ill enough to get out his death bed to get in touch to say it was damaged but was too ill to send proof of damage...... Hmmmm.... Sounds dodgy.
                    This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                    https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• Recieved this message from the buyer of the last cue I sold on ebay just before xmas last year, a 58 inch pearwood 3/4 with palmira butt. I usually get positive reviews and feedback but this is very confidence inspiring for me and so pleased to be able to do this for someone.

http://

http://

Comment

• lovely cue, lovely message
                        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• That's what I call real job satisfaction
                          ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• That's a cracking looking cue, nice one Vmax.
                            This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                            https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• It makes a real difference when you get a review like that from a cue you've made, for good reason too 👌🏾
                              Nice cue 👍🏾
                              For that one you've always wanted...
                              https://www.facebook.com/ninjacues/

Comment

Working...
                              X