No announcement yet.

Glass snooker cue. yes I did say glass.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am using full site now and it still won't work why they make it so difficult is beyond me.

Comment

Originally Posted by Glass cue View Post
      I am using full site now and it still won't work why they make it so difficult is beyond me.
      I only tried this last week not knowing how to post photos myself and seemed easy enough lol. Did you select the pic then on next page on right you have 4 links, copy and paste the last one.

Comment

[IMG]<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://s1024.photobucket.com/user/Richard_Douglas_Taysythe/embed/slideshow/Mobile%20Uploads"></iframe>[/IMG]

Maybe this time it will work

Comment

Yeah it works whoop whoop

Comment

Yes that worked, well done !
            My guess is you are not supposed to actually play with it, more of a show piece ??
            Maybe the historians will comment at some point

Comment

[IMG]<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://s1024.photobucket.com/user/Richard_Douglas_Taysythe/embed/slideshow/Mobile%20Uploads"></iframe>[/IMG]

Maybe this time it will work
              Just think you are 1 step away, think your trying to send link before opening the folder and selecting an individual photo.

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                My guess is you are not supposed to actually play with it, more of a show piece ??
                Looks like something that might have been given for a high break prize or something.

Comment

That's what I was thinking but was unsure. Everyone that I have ever asked has not got a clue and has never seen one before. We don't know where it came from before but ass it was my great grandads and he was a panel beater he never said that he has won or bought it but one thing for sure I know he didn't make it.

Comment

My dad had one before I was even born, won it by winning a tournament to face Ray Reardon and beat him to win the cue, think he had 50+ handicap though. Left it in the social club where he won it as a trophy behind the bar.

Comment

Originally Posted by Dave Walton View Post
                      My dad had one before I was even born, won it by winning a tournament to face Ray Reardon and beat him to win the cue, think he had 50+ handicap though. Left it in the social club where he won it as a trophy behind the bar.
                      Where are you from? And is it still at the social club where your dad won it?

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                        I agree. This looks like it would have been part of a whole set ie; two glass cues and a glass cue ball.
                        An executive toy before the time of executives perhaps :snooker:
                        "I got injected with the passion for snooker" - SQ_FLYER
                        National Snooker Expo
                        25-27 October 2019
                        http://nationalsnookerexpo.com

Comment

Im from Newcastle, the social club was in Scarborough, no idea if it or the club is even still there, it was over 30 years ago.

Comment

Im from Newcastle, the social club was in Scarborough, no idea if it or the club is even still there, it was over 30 years ago.
                            Just asked my dad it was at Scarborough Conservative club, he was on holiday, hasn't been to the club since so it may not even be open anymore.

Comment

Hello all, opening up this thread from 2016! I also have a Glass Crystal Snooker Cue, it comes with a framed mounted box and is removable. Got to some age to it the providence is it was removed from the Green Baize Snooker club, Kingston. Other than I don't much else about it. I'm assuming it was an award or ornament for the club? Does any have any idea on the value for a Glass Snooker Cue? thanks! Ben

Comment

It is a solid peice of glass and makes a ping noise when you strike a ball
                                That's interesting. I wonder why it makes a ping as no joints to be loose?
                                Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
                                Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
                                Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Working...
                                X