Storing Snooker Cues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by mazur View Post
    I hang up the cues with rubber devices, works for me.. Can buy cheap on Aliexpress..

[ATTACH]18446[/ATTACH]
    Yep, got some of those. Tried them once to see if they would straighten cues over a long period of time (that would be no then!).

They look great in a cupboard, not so sure on a ceiling. Do you sell cues, they look like they are stored in a shop type situation in which case that's a good call.

I suppose you could make a stand like perpetualboredom but ust have the hangers at the top.
    Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
    Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
    Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

I hang up the cues with rubber devices, works for me.. Can buy cheap on Aliexpress..

[ATTACH]18446[/ATTACH]
      Now that makes sense; should minimise the chance of warp from being upright and no light to bleach or warp one side either, as they're in a cupboard. Gravity working for you, not against you. Looks like a bunch of chrysalises waiting to turn into beautiful butterflys!
      Last edited by Big Splash!; 20 July 2016, 08:52 AM.

Comment

Originally Posted by Big Splash! View Post
        Now that makes sense; should minimise the chance of warp from being upright and no light to bleach or warp one side either, as they're in a cupboard. Gravity working for you, not against you. Looks like a bunch of chrysalises waiting to turn into beautiful butterflys!
        Ah bless, that brought a tear to my eye so much I had to walk into the garden to be at one with nature, I hugged a tree and danced with the birds.

That aside, I agree, good idea.

Comment

Chrysalises! LOL!!

I run a online snooker store here in Brazil, i made that cupboard just for cues and acessories.. i also use anti-mold (?) product to remove excess of humidity.
          Brazil have huge temperatures variations, my city is cold but sometimes i ship to very hot cities, sometimes causing warping issues.

i try my best to keep cues straight, wood not always follows me

Comment

Chrysalises! LOL!!

I run a online snooker store here in Brazil, i made that cupboard just for cues and acessories.. i also use anti-mold (?) product to remove excess of humidity.
            Brazil have huge temperatures variations, my city is cold but sometimes i ship to very hot cities, sometimes causing warping issues.

i try my best to keep cues straight, wood not always follows me
            Sounds like you have few issues out there with humidity. Must be difficult to ship to different place and keep the cues straight with different moisture contents in the various locations.

Comment

Perpetual B,
              The picture of the cue rack has to be one of the best pictures ive seen. Crikey!
              Do you rotate the cues from front to back to give them all equal attention? lol

Comment

Storing Snooker Cues

they all get their private time - sharing PB's bed in strict rotation
                :wink:
                Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

They do get rotated just because the thing is a complete.. To dust.
                  They all come out and stand in the corner while the mr sheen does its work.. And no, they don't go back in banana'd from being propped up for an hour..

They'll soon be going in my billiard room where they belong, when my solicitor gets her act together and sorts out my house move!
                  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Old cue collector --
                  Cue Sales: http://oldcues.co.uk/index.php?id=for_sale_specials
                  (yes I know they're not cheap, I didn't intend them to be!..)
                  ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Storing Snooker Cues

can't wait for pictures of the billiard room
                    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by perpetualboredom View Post
                      They'll soon be going in my billiard room where they belong, when my solicitor gets her act together and sorts out my house move!
                      Bet you can't wait Mike, someone else realising their dream, nice one ☺

Comment

did you get the cue rack made mike for your cues looks better than thous Circular racks plus it holds more cues

Comment

Aye John, getting very impatient, why is buying a house never quick/smooth?
                          Yep Gary the rack is only stained ply but looks good and holds a round 100. Love to say I made it myself but it was an exchange of services, mate of mine is a pattern maker, I fixed his PC he made me a cue rack.
                          ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Old cue collector --
                          Cue Sales: http://oldcues.co.uk/index.php?id=for_sale_specials
                          (yes I know they're not cheap, I didn't intend them to be!..)
                          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
                          X