Omin cue.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Omin cue.

Hi, I have found an omin cue for sale but it is labeled as gunman model.

I have searched high and low to see if this is an original omin.

I can't find any conclusive info. Its miles away so I can't go have a look.

There is no R or TM on the name plate just Omin gunman Thai supervise.

Can anyone shed any light on it please?

Last edited by rdp50734; 31 July 2016, 10:05 AM.

Best thing to do should be to email this enquiry directly to O'Min along with your photo :snooker:
    "I got injected with the passion for snooker" - SQ_FLYER
    National Snooker Expo
    25-27 October 2019
    http://nationalsnookerexpo.com

Comment

A quick google search popped up several hits for Gunman, it appear this model is from the Chinese O'Min company.
      Not seen the "T### supervise" words on any other badge (whether from China or Thailand).
      Your cue could be an older cue, the modern model appears to upper end of the mid-range cost-wise.
      Last edited by DeanH; 31 July 2016, 02:07 PM.
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Looking at quality of badge I would say Chinese cheap one

Comment

Don't you guys ever look at Alibaba, or made in china.com? There has been for a good while now lots of Omin "supervised" cues advertised. It seems O'min set up some deal with Chinese manufacturing companies to produce cues using his brand name where the build process is supervised by some of his guys. None of the badges names are the same as what Omin Thailand advertise on their site which is the key to realising where they are made and not all have "supervised" badges.

Comment

not often no, to those websites
            we all know about the history of Mr O'Min and the Chinese firm, etc
            The "supervised" cues, are they very early ones in the old O'Min/China partnership?

Comment

I was not aware the TSF knew about O'min and the Chinese connection as when I searched the site all I found were a couple of threads where in the main folks were thinking they were fakes.
              I did so about a month ago as I saw a new O'min cue on ebay which for £75 with extensions and postage included got me wondering.
              I bought the cue realising the Chinese connection and wanted to see for myself what it was really like.
              Turned out it had been lacquered so I had to refinish it, had a nice shaft but poor levelling of the splicing and methinks a genuine red O'min tip. Not a bad buy for the money really.
              As to supervised who really knows what level is or was given. Not much methinks as mine would surely have been shipped with an oil finish.

Comment

a quick search found this one that I was thinking about, even before this post there had been other posts saying essentially the same
                http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...min-(thailand)

Comment

Thanks for that Link Dean, surprised I never found it myself.

The real sad story is twofold, on the one hand we especially in the western world are obsessed with brand names and are daft enough to pay more for the label than the product is worth.
                  And on the other there are unscrupulous firms not just in china although many come from there that put out shoddy goods with dodgy labels chasing the quick buck.

One day the western world might wake up and buy goods based on their quality at a fair price, and the cowboys will realise making a better product will get them that better price.

Comment

I've seen cues with the same Thaisupervise badges sold at a Chinese-owned pool hall in Brisbane. They are very different to the genuine article.
                    Tear up that manure-fed astroturf!

Comment

I'm only guessing here with a tiny bit of knowledge, but I think there are two different stages to this Thai supervised Omin/ Chinese cues. The older ones were actually a joint effort and were supervised by Omin and were very very good cues( I have one it's a great cue) the ones churned out nowadays after the fall out or whatever happened aren't , I wouldn't discount them as decent cues ,a lot of Chinese cues are nowadays ,but Omin have nothing to do with them at all. Just my thoughts on them.
                      This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                      https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                        I'm only guessing here with a tiny bit of knowledge, but I think there are two different stages to this Thai supervised Omin/ Chinese cues. The older ones were actually a joint effort and were supervised by Omin and were very very good cues( I have one it's a great cue) the ones churned out nowadays after the fall out or whatever happened aren't , I wouldn't discount them as decent cues ,a lot of Chinese cues are nowadays ,but Omin have nothing to do with them at all. Just my thoughts on them.
                        Welshpool, you out there love? He'll know the gen.

Comment

Hi.

I do not deal with O min in Thailand anymore.
                          The cheap china made Gunman and Enlighten models were one of a few reasons for this.
                          Lot's of people purchased these from Ebay and in my opinion it tarnished the name.
                          I would rather not get involved with them anymore.

It's a real shame the cues I had from them 10 years ago were very very good.
                          No better value in those days.

Bitter
                          Last edited by BITTER; 18 August 2016, 11:25 AM.

Comment

If you pay cheap prices you will get a cheap cue, it's not rocket science!
                            The original Thailand made O'Min cues are very good, newer Chinese made one's are not

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                              If you pay cheap prices you will get a cheap cue, it's not rocket science!
                              The original Thailand made O'Min cues are very good, newer Chinese made one's are not
                              Have you had a go with the Chinese Omins JRC?, I always think they look good for the money, but I have never read a review about them,probably very stiff though ,as seems to be the norm now.
                              This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                              https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Working...
                              X