X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mastercraft Cues

Hi,
    Has anyone bought a Mastercraft Cue?
    The company is based in Shrewsbury in Shropshire.
    Been looking at them for a few days now, look good but can't recall any mention of them before, but I could be wrong?

Any info would be appreciated.

Mastercraft Cues

they have been mentioned before on here
    I have said also before that a friend has one of their custom cues for many years now and is very happy with it.
    From what I recall the communication was good, the price acceptable and cue delivered to order in a matter of weeks, with case and extensions.
    Last edited by DeanH; 10 August 2016, 04:10 PM.
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post

they have been mentioned before on here
      I have said also before that a friend has one of their custom cues for many years now and is very happy with it.
      From what I recall the communication was good, the price acceptable and cue delivered to order in a matter of weeks, with case and extensions.
      Weeks?! I guess they must have pre-rested tapered shafts ready to splice up then? So is it then possible to ask MC for a particular shaft; medium stiff, 8 chevrons, straight grain (from a large stock of various shafts they have ready) or can one not specify that closely? Their prices are reasonable so I just wondered how much folk can get for their custom money? No slight intended on MC btw.

Comment

Mastercraft Cues

no idea, all I know my friend ordered and recieved his cue in about 8/9 weeks - this was some years ago.
        Why don't you contact them yourself and ask all the questions you are obviously dying to ask them and let us here on TSF know
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

I just sent MC an old 1pc Maple cue to refurb. They are very pleasant (chilled) and answer all your questions via your method of communication.
          I'll let you know how the cue returns... :snooker:
          "I got injected with the passion for snooker" - SQ_FLYER
          National Snooker Expo
          25-27 October 2019
          http://nationalsnookerexpo.com

Comment

I've had a few. First one was an Eclipse centre jointed cue. Didn't like it as it felt a bit heavy. Dave made me another which I just couldn't seem to play with. Traded it in for a 3/4 with single Thuya Burr splice. Seem to play ok with this one. Also experimented with a Ton Praram and an Unclevit C-brand. I have to say that all these cues were good value for the money. The Praram was the best made out of the three I would say but was just a bit whippy for me. Getting a cue which you can play well with is a bit tricky. Pot luck sometimes.
            PS All were Maple shafts.

Comment

How whippy Bigmeek? I have TP maple plain ebony that's just a bit stiff for me, could do a wee swap arooney , if you fancy it, even just for a trial run.
              This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
              https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                How whippy Bigmeek? I have TP maple plain ebony that's just a bit stiff for me, could do a wee swap arooney , if you fancy it, even just for a trial run.
                That's a difficult question. Don't know how to measure whippiness. I think it's just a question of what you're used to. It's weird but out of all the cues I've fiddled about with over the last 5 years the Praram was the one which was the closest to what I thought was my ideal specs. Didn't play that well with it tho lol. The Mastercraft was the one which probably was not as well made but I played ok with it. Fed up looking for the ideal cue so sticking with the Mastercraft with C-Brand and Praram as spares. You coming up to Locarno any time soon? Welcome to try all my cues.

Comment

Hoping to be up before Crimbo , it just depends on my chaotic life lining up right lol. I will let you know if I arrange something. My TP cue is bang on what I asked, I can't knock the cue, it's my preferences that have changed. I might have a knock with it again now it's in my mind .
                  This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                  https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by the lone wolf View Post
                    I just sent MC an old 1pc Maple cue to refurb. They are very pleasant (chilled) and answer all your questions via your method of communication.
                    I'll let you know how the cue returns... :snooker:
                    Must have been customer service trained by Trev1.

Comment

Originally Posted by Big Splash! View Post
                      Must have been customer service trained by Trev1.
                      One of the guys is having a cue made at the moment (nearly done I think) and has had nothing but good things to say about them, also showed me pics of cue, he's chuffed.
                      Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
                      Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
                      Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post
                        One of the guys is having a cue made at the moment (nearly done I think) and has had nothing but good things to say about them, also showed me pics of cue, he's chuffed.
                        Well, there you go again, MC sending photos of work in progress and updates; tricks Trev1 taught em.

Comment

Originally Posted by Big Splash! View Post
                          Well, there you go again, MC sending photos of work in progress and updates; tricks Trev1 taught em.
                          Don't know how many he got but he showed me the nearly finished example from them.
                          Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
                          Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
                          Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post
                            Don't know how many he got but he showed me the nearly finished example from them.
                            Nice. Good service builds a biz. Takes time but customers appreciate it.

Comment

Well after making my mind up what cue to have there have been some emails too and fro , so the communicated has been spot on so far. Replied with in a day, so can't complain at that for starters.
                              As for time, an initial time of 4 - 8 weeks, so no complaints about that. Made to my specifications, vaneer colour and woods used.
                              Will post a pic when all done.

Comment

Working...
                              X