No announcement yet.

Any pro players using a Maximus cue ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know that Maximus have supplied a large number of players with their cues. Whether they paid for them or not we'll probably never know. I do find it funny though that many cue makers probably don't charge pros because if they use them its good advertising. However when JP does it, its used as a stick to beat him with, if other cue makers do it, its clever marketing. I do love the double standards of some TSF members

Comment

Originally Posted by cueman View Post
      I know that Maximus have supplied a large number of players with their cues. Whether they paid for them or not we'll probably never know. I do find it funny though that many cue makers probably don't charge pros because if they use them its good advertising. However when JP does it, its used as a stick to beat him with, if other cue makers do it, its clever marketing. I do love the double standards of some TSF members
      Are other cue makers doing it? Your post just seems to be you guessing.
      This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
      https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by Muneebsarwar View Post
        I think all Big Cue Maker Don't charge any thing from Professionals
        My friend ,

Even if a cue maker does sumthing like that , nothing wrong with it imo.

Advertising is a important part of running a business. Let's face it, every one is dreaming of having a successful business and wants to make sum money.

And just for the record, it would be extremely harsh and silly idea to even think about the fact that a pro choose a cue as his playing cue, just bcuz he got it for free.
        Let's just name a good snooker player. JH ?
        So, he gets a cue for free. the cue is not a good player or does'nt suits his game. He is gonna play with it anyway just bcuz he got the cue for free??? Not to mention risking losing a bunch of cash (which he might win with getting the title in tournaments) ??

This is just about the biggest nonsense I have ever heard of.

Not indicating you said that of course. It's just a general comment in regards to your statment.

Comment

The point is that cue makers who do give aways don't just do 'give aways'. A PJPU is different to a JPU; that's a fact. It takes just a couple of months to make and it's made from the best squares JP has, from his secret stash of angel ash. Same with Maximus. These are the best cues money can't buy. That's why the pros accept just any give away because it's anything but that.

And when the cue makers do charge, they make extra effort for the pro. Look at the pair of cues TW made for Higgins in a couple of months. You'll never get that quality off him even if you do wait two years.
          Last edited by Big Splash!; 24 November 2016, 09:21 PM.

Comment

Random question about the maximus legend range. Whats the significance between the cues with a black badge and ones with a white badge?

This pic illustrates it:

http://www.greenbaize.com/wp-content...1/DSCF8345.jpg

Comment

I have had many Maximus Cues and Currently use a Maximus Ultimate and i gotta say it is a Cracker and i am one fussy bugger as most know!!....lol

IMG_5648.JPG
              IMG_5649.JPG

Gaz.

Comment

Are you a Pro now Gareth ???

This thread is about Pro's using them and not us mere mortals

Hope you are doing well big man .

My mate still has one of the Maximus Cues that Higgins didn't want . An absolute cracker of a cue .
                Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by Dave Walton View Post
                  I belive Dale is an ambassador for Maximus cues.
                  Saw his face showing in Pong cue FB page ....

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                    Are other cue makers doing it? Your post just seems to be you guessing.
                    Yes its guesswork but having seen many pros go to the maximus stand when they have been over in Thailand, they seem to be offering to make replica cues so its quite possible they are giving them for free.

You only have to see how other cue makers use players who use their cues on their websites as a good form of advertising their product to understand that its highly likely they are giving them cues/cases and anything else they need for free.
                    Its a brilliant marketing tool to have a pro using your cue, what cue maker would charge knowing that he'll probably increase his reputation tenfold if a player goes on to win a big title using their cue. If anything they should be flattered that a pro has come to them for a cue which is I suppose as big an endorsement of your work and reputation you can possibly get.

Comment

Yes its guesswork but having seen many pros go to the maximus stand when they have been over in Thailand, they seem to be offering to make replica cues so its quite possible they are giving them for free.

You only have to see how other cue makers use players who use their cues on their websites as a good form of advertising their product to understand that its highly likely they are giving them cues/cases and anything else they need for free.
                      Its a brilliant marketing tool to have a pro using your cue, what cue maker would charge knowing that he'll probably increase his reputation tenfold if a player goes on to win a big title using their cue. If anything they should be flattered that a pro has come to them for a cue which is I suppose as big an endorsement of your work and reputation you can possibly get.
                      You may well be right but to be honest I have never understood why they do give cues away, I take it pros are classed as self employed, or maybe set up their name as a business and then work for themselves as footballers do,pro players will be able to claim back the price of their cues as tools of the trade so they won't cost them anything anyway, so they could easily pay for them, I bet Trump claims for his fancy shoes as well and Selby will claim for his shiny suit
                      This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                      https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Just to add that Noppon Saengkham uses a maximus ultimate too. I think there are two other thai former pro players that use them as well.

Comment

Just to add that Noppon Saengkham uses a maximus ultimate too. I think there are two other thai former pro players that use them as well.
                          The three that I can recall are Suwannawat, Thirapongpaiboon and Yotharuk, could be all three
                          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Alan McManus,Anthony McGill both use Maximus.
                            "Don't think, feel"

Comment

Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
                              Alan McManus,Anthony McGill both use Maximus.
                              yep, noted on the first page of this thread; from this thread the pro players so far noted as using Maximus cues are:
                              Anthony McGill
                              Stephen Maguire
                              David Gilbert
                              Alan McManus
                              Luca Brecel
                              Dominic Dale
                              Chris Wakelin
                              Noppon Saengkham
                              Alex Borg
                              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

We can now add Dott to the list too. Maximus just posted on their Facebook page he's using it right now in the german masters qualifier.

Comment

Working...
                                X