OT Cue Thailand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT Cue Thailand

Has anyone ordered cues from OT cue Thailand recently? I ordered one in mid Sept and was told 3 weeks waiting. No news heard from then, and I massaged them a week ago, read and no reply. Just massaged them today again.
    It's been 10 weeks now and their facebook page hasn't updated since mid Oct...kind of worrying now. Full payment paid.

Originally Posted by DW0216 View Post
    Has anyone ordered cues from OT cue Thailand recently? I ordered one in mid Sept and was told 3 weeks waiting. No news heard from then, and I massaged them a week ago, read and no reply. Just massaged them today again.
    It's been 10 weeks now and their facebook page hasn't updated since mid Oct...kind of worrying now. Full payment paid.
    Oh dear! Yes, I have ordered 2 from them and been waiting 2 months and also noticed Facebook not been updated. I went back to them and the messages have stopped coming so I have gone back to Paypal and raised a dispute.

When people read your Facebook message it shows the date and they have read my message but not replied so i don't hold out much hope; just glad I didn't order more.

I'm not sure how Paypal can help reclaim the monies but here's hoping.

IF? this is correct, this is not the first time we have heard of a cue maker running off with people's money and getting away with it scott free; I've never known another profession like it (accepting that obviously they are not all like this) but it drives you nuts.

We'll see though.
    Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
    Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
    Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Yeah I will give them few more days and then see about PayPal

Comment

Any of our friends in Thailand shed any light on this company .
        Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
          Any of our friends in Thailand shed any light on this company .
          If we don't get any response for the company then I guess I will add it to the thread I started the other day with companies going out of business.......if it is in fact?

Comment

He replied me last night, saying my cue will be ready soon. When I asked how much longer, there was no response.
            Hope he isn't playing funny thing.

Comment

This was posted on 1st & 2nd November

He had it removed from his Facebook Wall shortly after
              If he's above board he did reply openly on his facebook insteading of deleting it

Comment

I saw some of these Jons JOT cues on facebook, I was going to ask about them on here as they look really nice. Seems I might have dodged a bullet, good job I'm skint. Out of interest how much was he charging for a cue?

Comment

I ordered a Jon OT cue around may time. I drew a picture with some crayons and showed him how I like it, how many chevrons etc. And he simply said yes no problem.

I thought it was too good to be true. The moment got the better of me and i sent the deposit over which is always a worry when you send money abroad to an untested source.

I was in the same boat, heard very little once the cue was dispatched and was beginning to think it was some con.

The cue arrived over two month later after a mix up at their post office.

Arrived undamaged in great quality. Honestly couldn't ask for anything more perfect.

He is becoming more.popular and I think his cue orders have gone beyond than what he is used to. In fact I've already started discussions for another one off him

I do suspect he waits for a number of orders from the UK, waits to finish the cues and dispatches them all at once. Which is fine, he just isn't very clear.
                  Last edited by nuts00; 26 November 2016, 04:35 PM.

Comment

Guys ,

A friend of mine in UK dealed with him and ordered 2 cues. I sent him a mail few months ago. he is also a member of this forum. He was very satisfied with his work. both cues were delivered within 3 weeks (as far as i know).
                    I have seen few photos of his work and looks great.
                    Has to be said, that was a few months ago. Maybe he got more orders in the past few months. I can send him a mail and invite him here if you guys wish.
                    Maybe he can give you abit more info in regards to this company.
                    I may be wrong , but i think Andrew ( ADR ), knows him as well.
                    sorry to hear about your problems and hope get sorted out asap .
                    Last edited by Ramon; 26 November 2016, 10:53 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
                      Guys ,

A friend of mine in UK dealed with him and ordered 2 cues. I sent him a mail few months ago. he is also a member of this forum. He was very satisfied with his work. both cues were delivered within 3 weeks (as far as i know).
                      I have seen few photos of his work and looks great.
                      Has to be said, that was a few months ago. Maybe he got more orders in the past few months. I can send him a mail and invite him here if you guys wish.
                      Maybe he can give you abit more info in regards to this company.
                      I may be wrong , but i think Andrew ( ADR ), knows him as well.
                      sorry to hear about your problems and hope get sorted out asap .
                      Thanks or that Ramon. It may be worth it as it may help instill some confidence.

By the sounds of it he is just poor at any communication (hopefully).

I understand people get busy and people have problems. But if you make an agreement up front regarding price, product and time and take full payment, you need to update customers on an estimated time of delivery, that's standard practice in most worlds.

I'd rather have a 'Its gonna be delayed with an estimate' update than supposedly it's been in the post for 6 weeks to then be updated with, actually I'll post it next week........difficult to believe too much after that?

Comment

How much does he charge for his cues? I don't want a definite figure, just a ballpark number.

Comment

Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post
                          Thanks or that Ramon. It may be worth it as it may help instill some confidence.

By the sounds of it he is just poor at any communication (hopefully).

I understand people get busy and people have problems. But if you make an agreement up front regarding price, product and time and take full payment, you need to update customers on an estimated time of delivery, that's standard practice in most worlds.

I'd rather have a 'Its gonna be delayed with an estimate' update than supposedly it's been in the post for 6 weeks to then be updated with, actually I'll post it next week........difficult to believe too much after that?
                          Yeah, absolutely. agreed. poor communication from cue maker's side in this case.
                          I sent him a message on facebook and he said he's gonna show up as soon as he got sum time (had other things on his mind at the time), So, except to him.
                          not gonna help u guys out, though. just instill abit confidence maybe ? as u mentioned.

personally never dealed with this cue maker tbh. just saw few of his pieces.
                          Unfortunately, it's the common problem of sum of the new coming up cue makers. Once they start a business he can deliver on time. players gets the chance to view their work not to mention talk about it on social media. As result, they get to deal with more orders in the course of the time and increase waiting times. not to mention poor communication sumtimes , which is downside of it.

Comment

Not cheap from a reletively unknown untried source. 350-500.

Comment

Originally Posted by nuts00 View Post
                              Not cheap from a reletively unknown untried source. 350-500.
                              Not that much mate, apparently plain ebony one piece approx £250 delivered

Comment

Working...
                              X