Mike Wooldrige Disrespectful Words At Website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Wooldrige Disrespectful Words At Website

So I Was to Visit his website in order to explore few options but here are some Descriptions,Notices which I feel so Disrespectful on a Customer's point of view here are few

"Do Not email me asking for a list of what I have. I do not have time for that plus I do not even know myself. I will simply be working through it all and whatever gets completed, goes into the shop. If you like what you see, buy it. If you don't, simply look again in a few weeks. But don't go asking me to look for a certain type or you will make me very angry. And we don't want that now do we?..."

"Let's be clear about one thing - My cues are the best available.

If you don't like me saying that - Tough. They are"

"These cues will be, without doubt, the pinnacle of the cue making art.

They will be strictly limited and I will not be taking any orders. Instead, as and when I have finished a cue, I will list it in the shop or notify customers who have registered an interest.

I will not enter into any design discussions, nor time schedules. These will be my 'babies' and they will be ready when I am ready.

If I do not have a clear mind, I will not make any, so please leave me alone to do them at my own pace."

"If you thought VCM cues were expensive, don't even bother asking for a price, as each cue will be valued at a minimum 1500+ and there will be no fixed pricing based on actual design.

Instead, I will decide at the time how much I want. Whether anyone wants to pay for it or not, I could not care less. I do not need the money and I'm more than happy to keep my 'babies' for my own pleasure.

Consequently, with this attitude (lol), I do not expect to have customers queuing up, but I can guarantee these cues will the most beautiful examples ever made."

"Final Word

I may have gone mad. I'm not sure yet..."

I mean what this Guy want to show ???? If he sold couple of Pieces for good money than what's so Special about that??There are hundreds of Top Cuemakers providing best cues with Best possible Customer service including Manners and Respectful Dealing But I don't know what type of business strategy is that he is following ,, I know there people including window shoppers that disturb you with Emails and Phone Calls etc But For a Nice Person to Deal with you have to bear those people and not pass that type of stupid Descriptions ,,

Well I know many will tend to disagree but what I thought I expressed here...

£1500 +
    Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

I agree with you on the selling strategy...very strange to not really want to listen to your customers?
      When someone is saying they don't need the money that gets my goat....if you don't need the money then why bother going through all the time and effort..just go relax on a beach somewhere

Comment

I visited Mike's website a while back & thought the same as you...It seems to me that he has become fed up with customers pestering him for cue lists, prices etc, that have no intention of buying...Added to this I think he has a slightly twisted/aggressive style of humour that shouldn't be taken to heart, but still, surely it pays to respect the customer even when irritated by a continual barrage of obvious, meaningless or time waster emails...For such a well organised & thoughtful web site, Mike's comments seem to have left a sh*t stain on his character, derived I believe, from a diminishing interest & dedication to his business & ruthles misjudged humour...As to the £1500 price tag; I don't care how great his cues are, a cue is a cue, a work of art perhaps, but for that kind of money he can shove them in a place that would be considered abuse.

Comment

Stupid price , in my opinion . Like the cues of his that i've seen but there comes a point on what becomes value .
          Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Just one of those cue makers I will never support.

Not only on his website but his choice of words on the boards here.

He may be a seasoned cue maker yes, but there will always be new and uninformed players seeking advice, I don't see the need to behave in this manner. Imo

Totally disregard, basic courtesy, he should be banned

Comment

Do you have mikes permission to life from his website?
              https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Mike Wooldrige Disrespectful Words At Website

Mike's different... that make him interesting...

Interesting is good...

Why are people so touchy? It's the Internet, not real life!

Mike's called me twice regarding cue orders I've made and on the phone he was polite and reassuring...

He values his customers but clearly values his own time more... nothing wrong with that.

What would be wrong is if he said 'forget it' and stopped turning out great cues all together...

perspective people... think for yourselves and stop feeling so entitled all the time x

Comment

He tells it like it is which is a quality in my book. At least he is a cuemaker that responds quickly to emails with the info you need.

Comment

at least he replies :wink:
                    just cant please some people, some complaining about no communication, others about getting replies!
                    sheesh:biggrin:
                    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by pottr View Post
                      Mike's different... that make him interesting...

Interesting is good...

Why are people so touchy? It's the Internet, not real life!

Mike's called me twice regarding cue orders I've made and on the phone he was polite and reassuring...

He values his customers but clearly values his own time more... nothing wrong with that.

What would be wrong is if he said 'forget it' and stopped turning out great cues all together...

perspective people... think for yourselves and stop feeling so entitled all the time x
                      Well.. he values his time more but there is nothing Expensive to show some courtesy to people visiting his website as far as I know more than 90% of Customers first visit Website so should show some Respect even to Window shoppers that doesn't cost anything

Comment

Originally Posted by guernseygooner View Post
                        He tells it like it is which is a quality in my book. At least he is a cuemaker that responds quickly to emails with the info you need.
                        Lol so why that Contradiction ??? on one forum he is Kicks out the people who want to contact him through Email and Same Person Replies to Email with so much hurry... I can't understand this behaviour

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                          at least he replies :wink:
                          just cant please some people, some complaining about no communication, others about getting replies!
                          sheesh:biggrin:
                          Well for me Almost every Big name Replied me on Email so quick..and secondly I am not talking about his response to Email I am just objecting his wording used on Website

Comment

Originally Posted by Muneebsarwar View Post
                            Well for me Almost every Big name Replied me on Email so quick..and secondly I am not talking about his response to Email I am just objecting his wording used on Website
                            Firstly, I know where you were coming from.
                            Secondly, I know where you were coming from.
                            Thirdly, my reply was not directly directed at you or anyone, as...
                            Fourthly, I was just joshing

I have had quick replies to all emails I sent to cue makers (including MW) back when I was "on the search".
                            I also think the "replies" on Mike's website are made up consolidation of the emails that Mike gets constantly and his replies are to indicate to a first-time visitor to his website to show them to not email him with the same
                            Last edited by DeanH; 3 December 2016, 03:33 PM.
                            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Maybe you just don't understand his sense of humour ?

Comment

Working...
                              X