Robert Osborne Cues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yep I'm Wity.
    Banned a few times by the Weasle but managed to surpass that number easily in farcebook groups. That's what hapoens when you speak the truth.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Bilston Cues View Post
      Actually i got on very well with him but he has not made a cue in over 20 years.
      like many so called cuemakers he at most just topsplices thai cues unlike his old pal Hunt who merely puts his badge in them.
      I’m just thinking on when he made me a cue , must be 20 years ago . And I know he made it , as I was working round the corner and used to pop in and see him regularly.

Saw him in the pub a few weeks ago , he doesn’t change . Top bloke .

Exquisite Cues …….another story !
      Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

• Likewise Neil, I’ve seen him beavering away in his workshop making cues. Doesn’t strike me as the kinda guy who sits with his feet up all day. Know a couple of guys who have popped into his workshop. Always planing away!

Comment

• Well he aint making them now.
          The Thailand guy (hereafter called Fred) who also supplies me first met Hunt at an exhibition in China. Dunno if Robert was there or not but Fred told me 3 years ago when we went to see them that they had been having cues off him ever since. Some 23 years now.
          Roberts workshop is way to clean for a cuemaker not a bit of dust anywhere as you would expect of a topsplicer . The cues in there that day comprised of about 20 identical maple ones surprisingly only marked up at £360 each and a trolly of around 50 plain ebony on ash ones that he had took delivery of only a few days before.While his nephew who works with him was oiling cues Robert and Fred were discussing the threads he uses which originally were made by Aeon in coventey and now supplied by Fred.
          like i said, i got on well with him, surprisingly well when you consider the look he gave me when we knocked the door, he was expecting Fred but looked at me as if to say "and who the hell are you?"

Wolves had managed a draw at Arsenal only a week before and we talked footy a fair bit. I remember he had a pair of jeans on that had a long gash in the backside snd his red underpants were on display..
          By then we were getting on much better and i said "With all your money cant you afford a new pair of jeans and some gold n black pants FFS?"
          He laughed and said, " Do you have any idea how much a season ticket is?

As we were leaving he pulled me back, "Mad aint it Steve, im buying em from Asia and selling em back to Asia"

Good luck to him i say, .

BTW i did teach him about pearwood but. It was to no avail, " All the chinese want is lifeless poker stiff scaffolding wood" he said.

Comment

• We then went and saw john boy. Parris. Thats another story though.
            funny ss hell as i had to impersonate Dwain Dibbly in csse he recognised me from my accent.

Comment

• Agree 100%. Good luck to him. Wish I had the skills. Can make a reasonable job of putting a tip on but wouldn’t attempt a re-ferrule. Putting a SD joint in doesn’t look that difficult.
              BTW Bilston have you got a website or anything? Or a few photos would do. Always like to see what’s available. Mind you I’ve made a promise to myself never to buy another cue.

Comment

• There are 361 cues here i just wish i could find the time to do all the photos and measuring of them to bung on my website that i have paid for now the last 4 years
                theres quite a few on my farcebook page Wity BilstonCues.

Comment

Working...
                X